Ot: Usps!!!

PCTC2

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2007
Ehhh. I don't feel like posting in ATOT so here it is TeAm... (it kinda has to do with ATDC since it's my old crunching box).

I hate USPS. And online tracking will be the end of me.

I have 2 packages coming. One backplate shipped the 31st from Florida for my GTX 670 and a motherboard purchased from eBay, shipped on the 30th.

The motherboard said it left the regional sort facility of the seller on the 30th... and hasn't updated yet. I'm thinking its lost at sea or something. It's expected to be delivered today and I"m still hitting refresh. :p

The backplate has had an update pretty much every day and it isn't scheduled to be delivered until tomorrow... but it's already in my local distribution post office for my district.

y-u-no-guy.jpg

WHY USPS? Y U NO UPDATE MY PACKAGE STATUS?

I just want my eVGA X58 motherboard to replace my dead Asus P6T...

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
I hate getting anything by USPS these days. I absolutely prefer to pay more for UPS. FedEx is terrible in this village as well (I refuse to call San Marcos a city, as it doesn't have a decent book store). I feel your pain about USPS, and posting in ATOT. :D

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
There are different levels of 'service' for online tracking depending on how the package was shipped. Delivery Confirmation shows when the package was shipped and when it was delivered, and nothing in between. It sounds like that is what the shipper used with your motherboard.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
There are different levels of 'service' for online tracking depending on how the package was shipped. Delivery Confirmation shows when the package was shipped and when it was delivered, and nothing in between. It sounds like that is what the shipper used with your motherboard.

I've used DC a few years ago, and that used to be true. But I used it recently, and it now acts more like a tracking number, I got intermediate updates with it.

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
UPS for computer parts.
USPS for books.

FedEx NEVER! They can't find my place, which is across the alley from a FedEx store! One time, I called their distribution center and told them I was having my UPS driver swing by to pick up my package. They had a supervisor deliver it within the hour!

PCTC2

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2007
I wish I had a choice for UPS or FedEx (the FedEx delivery people around here aren't bad. The FedEx Express (not ground), to be exact. The one delivery woman we have at work is probably the best driver I have ever met (courteous, and willing to drive back to make pick ups, and is always on time).

Except... the UPS guy for my route is horrible. He literally drops the package (sometimes throws it even) and runs. Next time he does it, I'm calling the local supervisor. It's inexcusable, especially if the item might be fragile.

Still waiting... I wonder if they're not going to deliver because my mailbox is too small or all the package boxes are filled...

PCTC2

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2007
Gah. Stupid mail lady... DELIVER MY PACKAGE TO THE LEASING OFFICE INSTEAD OF NAPPING IN YOUR TRUCK.