Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Phoenix2
For all your service,
for all your sacrifice,
for the duty you do or did,
for the honor you bring us.

FOR KEEPING US FREE.

:thumbsup::beer: Yes, oh Yes!! Here's one for our vets and servicemen and women!!!

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Now, I don't wanna offend anybody, but I don't think that a topic like this one belongs here, no matter if flagged with OT or not. Just too many different and international folks around, with too many opinions, attitudes and views.

Just as an example: My grandfather (I'm German) was killed by US troops during WW2. Thus, My view on US vets is of course different than that of US or British folks.

No offense taken or handed out, but let's just not have topics like this in the DC forums. In OT or in Politics & News, sure. But please not here.

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001
Thank you for the rememberance.

I am honored to have served and feel that all those who served their respective countries deserve no less.

To anyone who has an issue with this acknowledgment that's just too bad

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
You have a valid point BMC (and sorry about your granddad), but here in the US it was Veterans Day - a National Holiday - and there are alot of Vets and/or Servicemen/women on the TeAm. I would like to honor them on this day for their efforts in keeping us and others free to pursue happiness.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Originally posted by: BlackMountainCow
Now, I don't wanna offend anybody, but I don't think that a topic like this one belongs here, no matter if flagged with OT or not. Just too many different and international folks around, with too many opinions, attitudes and views.

Just as an example: My grandfather (I'm German) was killed by US troops during WW2. Thus, My view on US vets is of course different than that of US or British folks.

No offense taken or handed out, but let's just not have topics like this in the DC forums. In OT or in Politics & News, sure. But please not here.

:(

Well, any vets of any country are welcome over my house for limoncello...

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: GLeeM
You have a valid point BMC (and sorry about your granddad), but here in the US it was Veterans Day - a National Holiday - and there are alot of Vets and/or Servicemen/women on the TeAm. I would like to honor them on this day for their efforts in keeping us and others free to pursue happiness.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Thank you to all the veterans as well as those currently serving both in the field and here at home. You are all very much appreciated! :)

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
Originally posted by: networkman

Couldn't have put it better myself. Thank you to all the veterans as well as those currently serving both in the field and here at home. You are all very much appreciated! :)

Thanks to all who have served or are serving our great country.:thumbsup:

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002

And here in the UK it's Remembrance day
But can we remember ALL the fallen?
British, American,Russian,German,Italian etc.
They weren't all fighting for a misguided idea, most were just doing their job, no matter what side.
And no, I'm not a pacifist, I'm quite patriotic actually. It's just I've been watching a lot of programs about the war and the boys in the trenches got well sh!t on, no matter what side

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Silverthorne

Thanks to all who have served or are serving our great country.:thumbsup:

Indeed :thumbsup:

Many of us have friends or family who have died serving their country

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
I didn't know that Veterans' Day was celebrated these days in the US.

But I'm absolutely glad that we as a TeAm can talk about a topic like this - with lots of feelings involved - and still keep it relaxed and to the topic; no flames, no rants; just comradery.

And after thinking about it for a while: Yes, I guess I'm thankfull to those vets of WW2 as well. Even though they killed my grandfather, I probably wouldn't be typing these lines today if Germany had won that war, as history would have turned out quite bad for Germany.

:)

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001

But I'm absolutely glad that we as a TeAm can talk about a topic like this - with lots of feelings involved - and still keep it relaxed and to the topic; no flames, no rants; just comradery.

And after thinking about it for a while: Yes, I guess I'm thankfull to those vets of WW2 as well. Even though they killed my grandfather, I probably wouldn't be typing these lines today if Germany had won that war, as history would have turned out quite bad for Germany.

Nicely put BMC :beer:

We're just honoring the individuals.... I am happy we can do this and let ideologies be considered some other day.

-Sid

Hurricane Andrew

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Insidious

Nicely put BMC :beer:

We're just honoring the individuals.... I am happy we can do this and let ideologies be considered some other day.

-Sid

Exactly. Everything doesn't have to be bitter, one vs. the other. It's nice that here we can be rational, civil, and at the end of the day, all be TeAm-mates. It gives me great hope that when we as a people pursue grand, honorable, noble goals together, we can transcend those things that might otherwise separate us and work together towards a common goal. I think, in the end, that may be one of the highest callings of man, and one of the most difficult to achieve. Maybe we can teach the world a thing or two.

rose.gif
:beer:

CupCak3

Golden Member
Nov 11, 2005
lots of well-said and meaningfull comments

my hat goes off to the service men and woman of not only my great country, the USA, but all around the world

rose.gif

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
:beer: to all the servicemen & women who have served in the past & those serving now.

For the fallen :brokenheart:
rose.gif

Wolfie

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
WERD!

I just got an Email from our son's godfather and he's coming home in two weeks. I can't wait to see him.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999

I concur! :beer:

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Well I'll post a greetings from Baghdad then :D Thats right, I got credits coming in from Iraq. Only a short 9 months to go.. at least until next time. :p

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Thanks TallBill, stay safe, we're praying for your safe, quick return!

Hurricane Andrew

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: TallBill
Well I'll post a greetings from Baghdad then :D Thats right, I got credits coming in from Iraq. Only a short 9 months to go.. at least until next time. :p

Godspeed, TB. Stay safe and thank you for your service!