OT: Son having surgery tomorrow...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hurricane Andrew

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2004
Well, things are still going well! Kevin was up and walking today, though when he got behind in his pain meds, it was pretty ugly. He even ate a little bit, which is a great sign. Not sure when he'll be coming home, but if I had to guess, I'd say by Monday almost certainly, possibly as early as Saturday, which would be awesome. The doctors and nurses are just super.

FYI, here's a couple pics of the G-tube. This is going to be the hardest part. Hopefully it will only be in a short amount of time, and no longer than a year. Kids have a tough enough time as it is without having something like this to worry about (though I'm convinced the parents do just as much if not more worrying).

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

trevinom

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
HA
Kids are very resilient and tough. It's us, parents, that end up having to do all the nail-biting. We don't know how lucky we are and how thankful we should be for our good health until we hear of the things that others go through.

Wish you and your family the best of luck and a quick recovery!!!!

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
That looks painful. :(

I am glad to hear he is walking and eating though, those are indeed good signs. :)

I still think parents worry the most too!