OT: Sitting in a hotel room and surfin with a Palm Lifebook

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Wolfsraider
I am suprised no one noticed the roast on the stove that I am about to start marinating in soy sauce onions and spices before putting it on the grill with some hickory chips lol

I hope you move that grill away from the house some before you fire it up.

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Absolutely.

If you look where the ugly a::ed table is, I grill to the right of that table, 10 feet from any wall.

I had a chance to see what happens to vinyl siding when you fire up a grill to close. It wasn't a pretty site. The whole side about 6 feet wide just melted lol

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Thanks Mike, for the pics. I had a good LOL, and remembered the moving we (my wife and I) did in when living in the US of A. :) A lot of fond memories - and hurting backs (there were two of them ...)

I am happy to hear that you may have a job soon! Stick to it - I know you have the "stick-to-it-ivness", Mike! :sun: :D

The grill looks good - yummy! ;)

Take care too, and - as said before - nice seeing you here again! :thumbsup:

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
Sort of reminds me when me and her were up at Toys'R'Us a couple of years ago.
They have all these PC's on display, but when you go near them they ask for a password,
what is the sense in that if they're on display??
So, the one I was looking at, I rebooted it, held F8, got into the admin account, deleted the password and set my own :D
Soft sh!t that I am, I removed that password and just left the machine passwordless, oh well! :D

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
TAndy, why did you not install seti as a service on them? (It was a couple of years ago ...) :)
Nice stunt to pull, I have done it a few times too. ;)

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
Originally posted by: petrusbroder
TAndy, why did you not install seti as a service on them? (It was a couple of years ago ...) :)
Nice stunt to pull, I have done it a few times too. ;)

Wasn't thinking (as usual :D) didn't really have time, security camera pointed at the PC's I was looking at :D

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
LOL, sounds like you're "working" very hard Peter :beer: :D

Thanks for the pics Mike :)
Yes, moving does suck :thumbsdown:

Glad you're getting settled though.

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
yep finally have a few computers up and running again, got to go repair a ceiling today though, sheetrock so hopefulle it will be easy.