OT: Prayer request for my son...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hurricane Andrew

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2004
Just a final thanks to everyone. Kevin is home now. He had a PICC line put in today (kind of like a semi-permanent IV) so that he can receive IV antibiotics over the next 3 weeks without having to stay in the hospital. Everything went fine, and the home nurse has already been out to the house. Hopefully it will be an uneventful three weeks, starting with a quiet weekend over the next few days. We ALL need it over here.

Thanks again, TeAm, and keep on Folding!

CupCak3

Golden Member
Nov 11, 2005
I only wish the best for your family Andrew. You have my thoughts and prayers.

rose.gif

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Our thoughts & prayers are always with you now more than ever!

I hope things get better for you and your son soon.

Take care
Mike

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Hurricane Andrew
Just a final thanks to everyone. Kevin is home now. He had a PICC line put in today (kind of like a semi-permanent IV) so that he can receive IV antibiotics over the next 3 weeks without having to stay in the hospital. Everything went fine, and the home nurse has already been out to the house. Hopefully it will be an uneventful three weeks, starting with a quiet weekend over the next few days. We ALL need it over here.

Thanks again, TeAm, and keep on Folding!

My mom had a PICC line to be fed intravenously once. Watch it for infection. Granted, my mom was having white nutrition mush pumped in, while your son is having antibiotics so that should help.

Sounds like everythings working out though. Glad to hear it/ Take some Valarian Root or something to help you sleep if you need it. God knows you deserve it.

http://www.allstarhealth.com/f..._way-valerian_root.htm
You can also find it at practically any health/drug store or Whole Foods. Allstarhealth is reputable. Bought stuff from them several times.

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Better late than never, you've got it Andrew.

I have children ranging from age 7 up to 18, and have been through a few things - so I know where you are. My prayer will be for strength, endurance and healing for him and for his mom and you. Take care, keep us up to date.

Hurricane Andrew

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: petrusbroder
Hi Andrew, I hope all is well with your son and his parents ... ;)

Thanks. Things are going OK here. Looks like the meningitis is behind us, but he still isn't eating (I'd love to have that problem for like, a month or two) and hasn't gained any weight in over a year. His feeding tube is still giving him trouble, and we're finally getting some doctors to agree with us that it might be better to remove it, since so many of his problems have surrounded it, and when the area feels fine, he eats fairly well, it's when he has issues with it (i.e. infection, irritation, oozing, etc.) that his oral intake decreases.

It really stinks when you have to see your kids go through this kind of stuff, as you're well aware. Hopefully though, and with plenty of prayers, things will eventually work out for the best. I know that kind of optomism is what keeps me going
rose.gif