OT---Math breakthrough! Now a work-log.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Well, this is a promising start. It took them quite some time to give you feed-back, and that is good. Please go on, your thoughts sound very good! :)

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Keep going Rudy, I love the progress. too bad it wasn't accepted right away though.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
I moved my math and questions over to this forum.

I am hoping I will get a better reception than I got the last time I was there. I think they blocked me. I had to go to a different computer to get back in.

Thanks for all your encouragement!

Excellent, now I can stalk you there!

If they blocked you they would have banned your username too. If you are having trouble getting in from one computer I would send them an e-mail alerting them to it. Sometimes they block IP ranges to keep banned people from reregistering. I've had it happen before.

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
I have discovered that the series I'm so proud of is actually Oppermann's Conjecture (1882.) Oh, well.

Last edited:

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Well, that is one part of science: what you discover may have been known before - but not necessarily well documented. What does this mean for your proposals for the proofs? That it has been tried before? Or have you found a new application of the old conjecture?

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
Well, that is one part of science: what you discover may have been known before - but not necessarily well documented. What does this mean for your proposals for the proofs? That it has been tried before? Or have you found a new application of the old conjecture?

Actually, what I presented was a new way of looking at the problem. I forced convergence, which I haven't seen before. However, that doesn't help to prove that the series is infinite. I'm looking at some other approaches.

I did edit this page to let others know about it.

If I had had that info in December, I would have tried some other approach, (including putting Oppermann in the title of the paper.)

Last edited: