OT - Linksys Router

MoFunk

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2000
OK, I have a setibox that has not dumped since late last night so I was going to get into my system with pcanywhere like I ALWAYS do and stop and restart the service. Well I was unable to connect. So I log into my router (new linksys I had to buy cuz my netgear blew up). Look to make sure all the ports are forwarded like they are supposed to be, make sure it all looks ok, all looks fine. So I try again, and nothing. So I log back into the router and uncheck the port I am forwarding, then recheck it to hit apply. As soon as I do, the router gets a new IP! I forgot that this stupid things renews it's IP everytime I change a setting. How I am stuck for a while. Just wanted to vent that I HATE this router and can't wait to get a few spare moments to get smoothwall running! I will then use the linksys as a wireless access point and hub ONLY!!!!!!

Well thanks for listening!

Baldy18

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
Yeah, for some reason I can't get WEP to work right on my linksys wireless router. Other than that I love it though, especially for the price.

MoFunk

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2000
Well problem solved! Smoothwall is up and running!!!!! Linksys is nothing more then a switch and wireless access point!!!

CyGoR

Platinum Member
Jun 23, 2001
Smoothwall.. never heard of it.. I've got a wireless (54mbit Linksys) router here which I don't like that much..
I'll take a look at it :)

MoFunk

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2000
Hey Coolkid, thanks for the help! Sorry I had to jam so quick, you the man!!!!!