OT: Let the 99'rs sound off!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Hey, Dan! :)

It seems like a trout's age (7 years) since I've seen Russ, or DanC either.

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Haven't seen Russ around in ages, IIRC, DanC popped in a year or so ago and said hi.

Haven't seen Smoke around much lately either.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Sadly (& bafflingly) DanC left TA after an apparently minor arguement around here :(:confused: ,upto that point (about 1+yr ago??) he had continued to be active in DC running DPAD.
We still miss you Dan

I can't remember why Russ isn't about anymore ,though ironically I do remember having a conversation with him about it ,lol :eek: ,I think it came down to him being more busy in RL.

Would be nice to see those 2 pop in:)

Originally posted by: RaySun2Be

And here I've stayed ever since. Once in a great while I'll pop into ATOT, just to remind myself how good I have it hear in DC. :D

Lol ,yea last time I visited ATOT it was like sticking my head out of the trenches! ;)

medic
Always good to have an oldie (or newbie;)) come back to TA :)

TA is much more spread around these days ,after SETI classic ended people went in all directions ,some to BOINC SETI ,CPDN,F@H ,many to Rosetta@H (BOINC) ,& many other projects which I can't remember off hand.
I switched my home rigs to DPAD but my remote rigs still do SETI.
TA DPADs active team is very small now (about a dozen) but we still soldier on ;)

Ooo ,I just realised ,from yesterday I've been crunching SETI for 7yrs!:Q
Happy anniversary to me!

[edit]dang it I use too many smilies...

SirUlli

Jan 13, 2003
i think Assimilator1 has tomorrow the Big Day...

and i two Days later ....

Regards from Germany
Sir Ulli

kmmatney

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2000
Well, I'm officially a 00'er but I originally joined in 1999, so I'm sounding off.

<-- Original DNet cruncher here.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Assimilator1
lol ,yea ATOT is a minefield!:p
ATOT is tame compared to P&N :shocked:

Congrats Assim & SirUlli on the anniversary :)

Nice to see more old timers still popping in :)

Wolfie

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wow, I guess I never realized how good this topic would fly. I guess it's kind of neet to see all of you again. Keep up the great work.

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Lord Demios/TMR
I had to log in a post to see if I'm a 99'er. I've remember the old forums and how much fun that was.

/me waves to everyone, trips Raysun2b's cane, punches burntkooshie with a mechbgon and you can fill in the rest of the stuff we use to do in IRC.

*edit* Whoo Hoo, I am a 99'er

Welcome back dennilfloss! It's good to see another old timer, even if we had to wait 5.5 years. :)

LD

I know I'm not a 99'r but I had to chime in, sorry for all the hell I caused you back in the day LD...

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000
You must not read DailyTech ;) Yeah I kind of got out of the DC game after the Dmcowen thing and all the infighting and being a royal pain in the ass to LD. ViRGE, the one who brought me in to this whole thing went to a different school than I did after freshman year and we were never really close and have since drifted apart.

The forums lost a lot over the years and have degraded in to not much more than a stats board for the ever increasing number of projects. The DC fources are spread thin as very few people are interested or want to bother running them they've lost their significance to the populous for whatever reason. The only one I'd run now is F@H but I need to do some clean installs first.

I still think of ya'll as a second family however and it's great to see you are all still at least lurking.

kmmatney

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2000
Originally posted by: narzy
You must not read DailyTech ;) Yeah I kind of got out of the DC game after the Dmcowen thing and all the infighting and being a royal pain in the ass to LD. ViRGE, the one who brought me in to this whole thing went to a different school than I did after freshman year and we were never really close and have since drifted apart.

The forums lost a lot over the years and have degraded in to not much more than a stats board for the ever increasing number of projects. The DC fources are spread thin as very few people are interested or want to bother running them they've lost their significance to the populous for whatever reason. The only one I'd run now is F@H but I need to do some clean installs first.

I still think of ya'll as a second family however and it's great to see you are all still at least lurking.

I stopped doing DC for a while, but now I'm back. I was turned off when you had people jumping from team-to-team, and taking all of their credits with them. The whole Team-TNT debacle was a bummer, and it was consuming too much of my time. The new Boinc concept has brought me back in - credits stay with the team, and its easy to add and remove new projects. I don't go into the DC forums too much, and try not to micro-manage my machines, so that DC doesn't take up too much of my time.

I still find myself taking about 10 extra minutes when leaving work on a Friday, to make sure the herd is ready for the weekend!