OT Coversation: What games you regret buying?

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Hey just for fun, was wondering what were some games you guys regret buying?
For me its
Quantum Break
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
EVOLAND 2
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
49019448_2110338719025303_2196525890983165952_n.png

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I don't remember what they were, but my last humble bundle purchase. All but one required steam. I unsubscribed to their email, and I won't buy again. Fuck steam.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
I don't remember what they were, but my last humble bundle purchase. All but one required steam. I unsubscribed to their email, and I won't buy again. Fuck steam.
Really? I love steam lol Humble Bundle is alright but I don't usually get their subscriptions I just buy their weekly bundle offers.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
star fox on the SNES

i thought it looked awesome because 3D, so i saved up every nickel my 10-year-old earning power could acquire for 6 months to buy it

and then i was like "meh it's ok", and never beat it

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
NFS Porsche Challenge. Driving game, where the driving was absolute shit.

Summoner 1.
I had a habit of buying $3 ps2 games out of the cheapo bin at Gamestop, because "they gotta be worth a day's worth of fun".
I had found Summoner 2 which was a very long, content-heavy rpg that i really enjoyed, so when i saw Summoner 1 i thought yumm yumm, more of the same please. Never had i been more wrong.
The most boring, tedious, bland game ever.
Fun fact: this is the game that has that after credits sequence of monsters playing dnd:
Only fun thing in this horrible 30-hour grind.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
NFS Porsche Challenge. Driving game, where the driving was absolute shit.

Summoner 1.
I had a habit of buying $3 ps2 games out of the cheapo bin at Gamestop, because "they gotta be worth a day's worth of fun".
I had found Summoner 2 which was a very long, content-heavy rpg that i really enjoyed, so when i saw Summoner 1 i thought yumm yumm, more of the same please. Never had i been more wrong.
The most boring, tedious, bland game ever.
Fun fact: this is the game that has that after credits sequence of monsters playing dnd:
Only fun thing in this horrible 30-hour grind.
That's pretty funny never seeing that before lol

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I'm going to get flamed, but here we go:

Doom 2016 - I loved Doom 1 and 2. I used to edit levels and make mods for them. D2016 was just massively unenjoyable for me. I was really disappointed.
Diablo 2 - My highschool friends and I played Diablo 1 almost non-stop. When Diablo 2 came out, we all took leave from our jobs and flew to New York to hang out with one of our buddies and play D2 at launch. We all agreed it was a mistake and that Diablo 2 just didn't feel right. I don't think any of us played it again after that week.
Robot Arena - Terrible 90s game
Master of Orion 3 - I don't think whoever made it ever played MOO1 or 2
Final Fantasy 8 - Yikes
Planetary Annihilation - Another sequel that just lost its appeal for me
Duke Nukem Forever - Yikes
Farming Simulator - My tractor got hit by a car, I chased it down and couldn't even destroy it. That's not a farming simulation at all.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The Elder Scrolls series when Skirim came out. I discovered that I don’t like role playing games much.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
I'm going to get flamed, but here we go:

Doom 2016 - I loved Doom 1 and 2. I used to edit levels and make mods for them. D2016 was just massively unenjoyable for me. I was really disappointed.
Diablo 2 - My highschool friends and I played Diablo 1 almost non-stop. When Diablo 2 came out, we all took leave from our jobs and flew to New York to hang out with one of our buddies and play D2 at launch. We all agreed it was a mistake and that Diablo 2 just didn't feel right. I don't think any of us played it again after that week.
Robot Arena - Terrible 90s game
Master of Orion 3 - I don't think whoever made it ever played MOO1 or 2
Final Fantasy 8 - Yikes
Planetary Annihilation - Another sequel that just lost its appeal for me
Duke Nukem Forever - Yikes
Farming Simulator - My tractor got hit by a car, I chased it down and couldn't even destroy it. That's not a farming simulation at all.
I am gonna flame you for DOOM 2016 I liked it, not because I am a 90's DOOM fan but I thought it was a solid FPS game.
Diablo. Well I never played Diablo until three weeks ago when I bought Diablo 3 and I am in love with it, can't speak for 1 or 2 however.
Don't know about the rest but I have Farming Simulator 17 on my Steam Wishlist, haven't decided to buy it yet but probably will when its on sale again for $7.50 all thought what you just mentioned doesn't sound realistic or sim like at all. Like you said.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Most of the games on NES. Karnov strikes me as a particularly terrible game.
Many SNES titles. F-zero was very lame. Not much to do except race slowly on some boring tracks. I didnt enjoy racing games until the PS3 era when they started taking advantage of analog triggers.
I'm sorry I purchased a N64 at all but I seem to recall mostly renting games for that. Ditto the Game Cube. only rented games. And the Wii was kinda bad as well. Again, mostly rented.
Star Fox for the Wii U is absolutely horrific. And I cant even sell it for a dollar.
Many of the DOS games I mail ordered were garbage. Less quality control than the damn NES had back when it debuted. I suspect some people here remember those days. Ordering games from shitty magazines, based purely on their titles because there was no place to go for information on anything except AAA titles from major publishers.
By the same token, most Windows 95 games werent so hot. That Beavis and Butthead high school game was pretty bad.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The Elder Scrolls series when Skirim came out. I discovered that I don’t like role playing games much.

Skyrim is not much of a role playing game.
Its an action game with stats. Stats that really dont matter much. The only thing that has an affect is your perk choices, and you usually need several perks in a skill before you truly notice a difference in game.
Having said that, its much better than most Action Games with Stats. Just like Fallout 4.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
what's the matter? can't stand the sight of a strong nord woman?
Actually it was trying to whack some dude whose house I was robbing that pissed me off. If I sucker-stab an unarmed, unarmored person in the back with a sword, I expect the bastard to go down or at least not turn around and kick my ass. :p

You shouldn't need street cred to take down innocent people.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Actually it was trying to whack some dude whose house I was robbing that pissed me off. If I sucker-stab an unarmed, unarmored person in the back with a sword, I expect the bastard to go down or at least not turn around and kick my ass. :p

You shouldn't need street cred to take down innocent people.
There was some game (that's escaped one of my brain cells) where if you attacked the citizenry, 10 or 12 of the city guard would show up and kick your ass. Took me a while to stop trying it. :rolleyes:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
There was some game (that's escaped one of my brain cells) where if you attacked the citizenry, 10 or 12 of the city guard would show up and kick your ass. Took me a while to stop trying it. :rolleyes:

Ultima
Baldurs Gate
Fallout
Super Mario RPG

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Marvel v Capcom Infinite. I actually like the game personally, but its so panned that no one plays online it seems. Can't hardly ever find a lobby.\

No X-Men character was sorely disappointing. Makes me want to hate the game.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I rarely buy things day 1...so while there are games I get that I may end up not liking, I generally didn't pay full price for it so I don't really regret it. You don't know until you try it.

That being said -- Castlevania 64 - that game was trash.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Back in the beginning, all of their bundles were DRM free. I think most of their main ones (i.e. the numbered Humble Indie Bundle <x>) are still DRM free, but I really wish they offered DRM free as much as possible.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I remember my disappointment when we fired pacman on the atari 2600 for the first time...that was just plain terrible even back in the 80's.

Another one was the last guitar hero when they switched the guitar from one row with 5 buttons to tow rows that had 3 buttons each...I could never get the hang on the new layout..

oh... ET on the 2600. nothing more to say about that...LOL

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Total Annihilation Kingdoms.
Total A was best RTS ever IMO.
Kingdoms was garbage.

Cities XL was promised to be grande epic city builder, but, it was just so crap

Duke Nukem 4, last game I ever pre-ordered.

Reactions: homebrew2ny