OT, but important...MUSHKIN SECURITY WARNING

greg

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I just got a few emails confirming that another individual used my credit card info to buy MUSHKIN memory. I talked to the people at MUSHKIN and they said its common?

I was going to order the $47 RAM but chnaged my i mind at the last second and didn't buy it. Another guy, apparently using my URL info (I have no idea how he got it-- I DID NOT send anyone a link) did buy it.

I have logged onto MUSKIN and seen other people's info butu had no idea that they could order.

Be very cautious out there.

DocYahoo

Jan 3, 2001
Doesn't Mushkin know where it's shipped to? IF that's the case, then isn't very easy to track down this person for legal options? Also, I'm sure you're credit card company will take the responsibilities, almost all of them do now.

Good luck.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
mushkin might have problem w/ their site...they need to fix. this happens often when you see other
peoples' orders/info and is indication of site problems

druxboyzz

Mar 29, 2000
yea... well i just ordered the lunch special deal a few days ago.. and everytime i click the link after that, it says my name and some info on my shipping.. so i went back to the thread, and i saw that somebody else also saw my info posted up when they click the link.

weirdstuff.

greg

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
>>Doesn't Mushkin know where it's shipped to?

Yes, the point here is that the sight is not 100% secure and now I have take time out of my day to correct a problem on their site.

fir3wir3

Banned
Oct 15, 2000
I'm glad both my cc are completly maxed and then some

I dont have to worry about fraud :p