OT: Anyone looking for a job?

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I got this today:

Hello,

Garcia & Associates, LLC, is an executive search firm based in Columbus, OH.
We specialize in information protection and datanetworking. For more
information on G&A, please visit www.garcia-associates.com.

We are currently engaged with a client that seeks multiple consultants in
several different locations around the country: Minnesota, Michigan,
and SW Florida. Emphasis is on intermediate/expert level background in WAN,
IPT AND/OR Wireless LAN/WAN. Cisco centric skillsets, in an enterprise
environment that has required both design and implementation.
Successful candidates will likely have five or more years industry experience.
Some travel required. If new hire is located outside of these states,
travel will be heavy, ranging from 50-75%.

Client may also work with 1099 contractors.

For full time employees, salary range varies from $60 to $85K for
intermediate level expertise, with expert level (CCIE) candidates well
above that range.

Client is a tenured, privately held, professional service firm. Strong
track record of success winning business directly or via partnerships.
Please call me for full details regarding client, hiring authority, and
position.

Regards,
David Garcia, President
Garcia & Associates, LLC
davidg@garcia-associates.com
www.garcia-associates.com
(614) 573-7070 W
(614)226-0045 C

I know David through the local ISSA chapter. He's a good guy. :)

Soggysocks

Golden Member
Jun 20, 2001
Nice to see you're right on top of things Ray :beer:

Come on guys'.....someone out there has been dieing for this chance.

Lets get those resumes' out :clock:

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
What the...? :Q How'd you get out of jail?!? I thought for sure those extra funds woulda kept you in for a few more days..? :( ;)

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: networkman
What the...? :Q How'd you get out of jail?!? I thought for sure those extra funds woulda kept you in for a few more days..? :( ;)

LMFAO :D

Cheers networkman :beer:

Very nice of you to post this RaySun2Be :beer:

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

heh, they didn't find the mini collapsible cane that I had hidden, and I *whacked* my way out of jail. :p

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
Originally posted by: RaySun2Be

heh, they didn't find the mini collapsible cane that I had hidden, and I *whacked* my way out of jail. :p

hmmmmm, Wonder where that could have been hidden :Q :p

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
I received a call the other day from a consulting firm in Nashville re:some .NET jobs available. I have had a job now and couldn't move to Nashville if I wanted to anyway...but...here's the contact information:

Nashville
3 Lakeview Place
22 Century Blvd.
Suite 140
Nashville, TN 37214
615-886-1100 tel
800-609-5537 toll-free
615-886-1171 fax
nashville@teksystems.com

The woman's name is Shannon Halters.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Title: MicroSoft Managing Consultant Wanted
Environment: MicroSoft system architecture and platforms, as well as experience managing project teams.
Duration: Full-Time/Perm position
Openings: 2
Salary Offered: $ 80,000 to 100,000 plus bonus
Start : ASAP

Job Description:
Our client has an immediate need for a Microsoft Managing Consultant (MC). The Managing Consultant will be responsible for understanding the client's overall business and for positioning for a successful implementation of Microsoft products and technologies. The MC is the authority on project methodology and best practices and demonstrates the ability to tailor the ITCS methodology to meet the client's needs while preserving a structured process. The MC has advanced knowledge of Microsoft products and technologies and demonstrates the ability to appropriately apply Microsoft products and technologies to assist the customer in achieving its business goals. As the medium-to-long range planner on a project, the MC ensures that day-to-day tasks are carried out both efficiently and effectively at the same time anticipating upcoming tasks in the future. The MC identifies and pursues opportunities for follow-on work at existing clients. The MC leads project tasks with only high-level direction from the client and ITCS management. The position requires the ability to mentor others and build an effective team. Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills are also required.

Primary Accountabilities:
The MC oversees the completion of customer solutions and strategies based on the analysis of the customer's business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment. Provides both management and technical leadership. Is an expert at using project management tools to estimate projects and monitor their status. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and defines goals and activities required to meet objectives. Provides guidance to team to achieve goals in accordance with established policies. The MC's work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules. The MC oversees and is responsible for the completion and quality of functional specifications, design, system and technical architecture definition, development, implementation, unit and system testing. The MC recommends changes to policies that affect overall consulting operations.

Qualifications:
The MC must possess excellent planning, relationship building, problem solving, and communication skills. The individual must be flexible, dependable, and capable of multi-tasking. Excellent customer service and solid technical skills in Microsoft products and technologies are required. The MC should have an excellent understanding of desktop and server operating systems software, including Citrix, UNIX or Microsoft Windows operating systems. The individual should also have a solid conceptual understanding of network technologies.

Requirements:
Position requires a Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience and knowledge of Microsoft system architecture and platforms, as well as experience managing project teams. Must also have a positive customer service attitude and be willing to travel 20% of the time. Relevant technical certifications such as MSF Practitioner, MCSE, MCSA, CCA, CCEA, CCIA?. UNIX, Cisco, and Solaris are a plus.

The primary duties for this position include but are not limited to:
Service Delivery and Client Service
Understand the client's business and how to position professional services to ensure a successful implementation of Microsoft products and technologies.
Act as an authority on Microsoft products and technologies and apply Microsoft products and technologies to achieve the customer's business goals.
Act independently as the day-to-day person at the client with limited Practice Director assistance and direction.
Be accountable and responsible for project delivery and project team management.
Act as an authority on project methodology and best practices, demonstrating the ability to tailor the methodology to meet the client's needs while preserving a structured process.
Possess a strong command of technology and the business process environment related to a project.
"Roll-up sleeves" and execute Consultant and Senior Consultant work, if necessary.
Contribute to the development of project deliverables (not just administrative tasks).
Use a "medium-to-long range" planning horizon on projects, ensuring that day-to-day tasks are being carried out effectively, but anticipates and plans for upcoming project tasks, phases, etc.
Consult with Practice Director on key issues and ongoing project communications.
Write Statements of Work on behalf of Integration Technologies.

Leadership and Entrepreneurship
Insert self in roles that allow him/her to build credibility and strengthen the relationship with the client.
Identify potential consulting opportunities at a client, both within and outside of the scope of our work.
Responsible for team building, mentoring, and development of Professional Services Consultants and Senior Consultants.
Act as a role model for more junior staff in areas of work ethic and client relations.

Professional Communications / Attributes
Use mature, professional language.
Demonstrate proficient writing skills (crisp and concise).
Demonstrate initiative to lead project tasks with limited direction from client and management.
Understand when to speak and when to listen (and listens effectively).

Typical roles may include:
Project Manager, Client Manager (multiple projects, large project)
Pre/Post-Sales Solution Architect
Best practices development

For quick questions you can should be able to get me live on my Yahoo Instant Messenger/Live Chat: m_casey7

Thank You,
Michell Casey
Senior Technical Recruiter

Ballantyne Inc.
800-732-4680 x121 / 949-885-3000
Work Email: MCasey@ballantyneinc.com
Yahoo Instant Messenger/Live Chat - m_casey7
www.ballantyneinc.com

SHUX

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
No way I'm trying to steal David's thunder. Just trying to help out. :) Being unemployed sucks. :(

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Well hell I am employeed now and I still get stuff from headhunters. Might as well put them to use, they are generally good paying gigs too. ;)

SHUX

DannyBoy

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2002
www.danj.me
Originally posted by: RaySun2Be
No way I'm trying to steal David's thunder. Just trying to help out. :) Being unemployed sucks. :(

aye tell me about it, i went through such a long time of no work now im having to turn it down.

Im not making any money from it which sucks more, im just paying back debt's now, so im still broke!

Hopefully going to be on the road to being back to normal VERY soon though :D