OT: Add me to the (soon to be) jobless list

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

trevinom

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
That is why I like this forum so much. People all come together when one of their members hits one of life's stumbling blocks.

Good luck to you Robor.

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
Robor, sorry to hear about this sad news! :( I hope something even better comes your way real soon! ;)

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Just want to say a big *Thank You!* to all my TeAmmates for the support and suggestions. After being in this "limbo" position for so long I must say it's better to finally know one way or the other. I've been with this company for 18 1/2 years and in the modern workplace that doesn't seem to matter much anymore.

All of my close friends have told me they're glad I got laid off because I should've left years ago. I thought about that and maybe they are right? Maybe this is for the best and it's time for a change? To be honest I'm looking forward to it now. I'm going to miss some of my coworkers but I'm sure I'll meet more great people in my future position.

I've got 'till mid June before I'm officially out of a job and my severance package will carry me a few months past that. I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do. One of my close friends has a decent lead and we're going to polish up my resume over the weekend.

:D Take care and thanks again for all the support! :D

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
man that stinks robor.
i hope you dont have any problems finding work; i wish you the best of luck in your job search.

it seems that company loyalty doesnt mean anything in these times of extreme corporate greed.

MoFunk

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Robor
Just want to say a big *Thank You!* to all my TeAmmates for the support and suggestions. After being in this "limbo" position for so long I must say it's better to finally know one way or the other. I've been with this company for 18 1/2 years and in the modern workplace that doesn't seem to matter much anymore.

All of my close friends have told me they're glad I got laid off because I should've left years ago. I thought about that and maybe they are right? Maybe this is for the best and it's time for a change? To be honest I'm looking forward to it now. I'm going to miss some of my coworkers but I'm sure I'll meet more great people in my future position.

I've got 'till mid June before I'm officially out of a job and my severance package will carry me a few months past that. I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do. One of my close friends has a decent lead and we're going to polish up my resume over the weekend.

:D Take care and thanks again for all the support! :D

Pick one that applies to your views....
1. Things happen for a reason
2. The Lord works in mysterious ways

Good luck to you in the next chapter of your life.