ost file to pst

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinsonn

May 10, 2017
Hi,

I like to ask, is there a way other than converting ost file to pst, you can achieve for retrieving emails and addresses from an ost file to pst?

I googled and there is an option where you can convert it using software but you have to pay for it which i cannot afford at this stage. The customer brought to me his ost file for me to build the ost file into outlook so he can access his old contacts and of course a few of his emails which are relevant to him but of course MS Outlook cannot read it unless it is in pst. He had finished with the company he used to work for.

Can someone guide or help?

I'm locking this thread since the vast majority of replies have been spam. If any legitimate member has a need for this, they can start another thread.

admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RafallSosnowski

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
http://www.ost2.com/free-ost-to-pst-converter.aspx

I do not know what the free version can do. Otherwise there a version for $49.95.

If it was my client I would explain to him/her that the cost of my work would include the purchases of the software.

Philosophically, it is always hard to me to grasp the concept that something thing is important to a person and a sub $100 expanse is a prohibitive not to do what is important to do.

:cool:

Reactions: PliotronX

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
I am with Jack although since you could retain the license to the software, you could split the cost in half or consider it partial labor charge. We ran into the same thing with a customer and came to the same conclusion but since we retained the license and felt we would come across the same scenario, accepted the expense. If it's just not doable, the customer might have to come to accept the demo limitations like Stellar with 20 items per folder and save the most precious items.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I used this SW back in 2012 when Sandy destroyed our email server. All desktop clients had a cached ost file and I built a new exchange server and used this too to convert. Worked fast and well.

Jack Abbott

Oct 4, 2017
Reactions: joyaner397
Status
Not open for further replies.