Osprey 100 video capture (mfg by hauppauge.....???), and some questions....EDIT: It's a 200 not a 100

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
I've aquired an Osprey 100 video capture card, it has 3 rca style ports (red,white, & yellow - audio l,r & video) it also has an s-video port.

I peeled off a little white sticker and see the hauppauge copyright on the pcb. Does anyone know what the hauppage equivlent model is?? I can't find it on their website.

Also, would it be better to capture using this card rather than my Radeon 64DDR VIVO??? Maybe the fact that it caputers audio on board is a plus.

I haven't installed it yet since I already have a VIVO card, but if it is superior to it then I'll pop it in...

EDIT: After looking into it a bit further, I see that this card is not an osprey 100 at all, but an Osprey 200

SUOrangeman

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I have a few Osprey 100s at work. For the life of me, I can't think of the real company behind them (I can recall the color of the box). I want to say that the company is Israeli for some reason. Oh well.

I don't think my cards capture audio (I haven't touched them for 2+ years now). Yet, I am certain that they are Osprey 100s. I even have an Osprey 1000 that does Real encoding in hardware. I think I clicked on an ad today for the Osprey 500 that does DivX encoding in hardware.

I also have a Radeon AIW, but have yet to play with it's VIVO capabilities. So, I can't give you a good comparison. Can you even find drivers for the thing?

-SUO

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Yeah, all the drivers can be found here Osprey drivers.

Viewcast is the company but this particular card must be built by Hauppage for viewcast to resell under the osprey name.

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
SUOrangeman. Thanks for the reply. As I noted in my edited message. I just found out this is actually an Osprey 200 not a 100 (which explains the audio inputs).

Looks like it still retails for over $180 so I assume it's a decent capture card....

I'll play around with it when I get a chance and see if it's better than my radeon vivo...

SUOrangeman

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
That's the company ... ViewCast. For the life of me, I was trying to convince myself that it wasn't ViewSonic.

Anyway, my cards are still going strong (using them for video-only reasons). Hope yours follows suit. XP and/our updated drivers available? I'm only using NT4 here.

-SUO

cdub

May 31, 2002
We use a bunch of Osprey 100's and 200's here. They work pretty well for our application, which is live-encoding video for the web, at 320x240. This is their main application if I am not mistaken. However, their quality at full-screen, 720x486 resolution should be on par with the Radeon, if not better. Of course, I haven't done a side-by-side comparison so I can't really say.