Origin causing severe slowdown of PC?

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
Anyone else experiencing issues with the installation of Origin causing the computer to slow down and eventually stop responding?

So recently I thought I had a major virus on my computer. after a full scrub and reinstall of the OS, I reloaded everything and still had the same problem. So I bought a new computer and started installing. The first thing I installed after firewall was Origin. And the new computer started doing the same thing. It is Origin that is the problem.

Anyone else having this issue?

fo0k

Jan 12, 2002
didn't slow my pc down, but i noticed it was using about 15% cpu power, which kept my processor from throttling down.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I've noticed that from time to time Origin goes and sucks up a bunch of CPU power for no damn reason. Killing the Origin service and then restarting it seems to fix what ails it.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Haven't noticed anything like that. Sometimes ME3 gives me an error when trying to start, but that's it.

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
It looks like it might not be JUST origin, but the combination of Origin and Zone Alarm.

Aug 11, 2008
Didn't notice any problem like this with origin. I did have a problem like this with steam. After exiting it would still use something like 50% CPU. Closing the process in taskmaster solved the problem. This actually happened many times.