ORICO CS3 18000mAh Car Jump Starter

satlan

Nov 9, 2017
Joker here :)

hi,
anyone have an opinion about...
ORICO CS3 18000mAh Car Jump Starter

I dug the net, but found no opinion.
Overall, the products of this company are pretty good.

appreciate any help...

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
- Beats nothing
- Better for smaller engines or warmer climates
- Significantly overpriced

I'd consider something equivalent (or that given a large enough discount) if it needs to stay in the vehicle, and yet I don't leave Li-Ion power packs in vehicles due to potential fire hazard (and if it's cold out, your CCA capacity drops if the pack is cold too) so really I mean while traveling.

For home use, AC wall powered charger/jumper or higher CCA capacity sealed lead acid based portable jump starter.

razel

Platinum Member
May 14, 2002
For the longest time I've wanted to buy one. I remember wanting to buy one from a reputable source because of all these LioN batteries in the market. A car wants a lot of amperage and no-name imports are just a hazard waiting to happen. Insufficient/fake gauge wiring + bad soldering + possibly discarded batteries by manufacturers being reused to mixed into 'good' battery packs is just plain dangerous when trying to start a car.

The 1st sign was roughly 2012 when Craftsman/DieHard advertised their LioN portable car battery jumper. They never released it. Next thing I know the same plastic casing was being used by no-name import for their battery jumper. I then though about waiting for the major battery tool names (DeWalt, Milwakee, etc) to come out with one. They came out with car tire compressors, but they have yet never came out with a portable car jumper. Kinda hints that perhaps they want to avoid getting sued since it may not be easy to realistically do.

If I were to buy or suggest then I would get something from Anker or Aukey. Both imports, but at least the quality of their other products is decent.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Last year, when I called AAA about unable to start car due to dead battery, they showed up with a Li-Ion jump-starter pack.

At the time, I thought, "Hey, that's neat, got to get me one of those some day."

I didn't happen to catch the brand that he used.

Reactions: corkyg

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
For the longest time I've wanted to buy one. I remember wanting to buy one from a reputable source because of all these LioN batteries in the market. A car wants a lot of amperage and no-name imports are just a hazard waiting to happen. Insufficient/fake gauge wiring + bad soldering + possibly discarded batteries by manufacturers being reused to mixed into 'good' battery packs is just plain dangerous when trying to start a car.

The 1st sign was roughly 2012 when Craftsman/DieHard advertised their LioN portable car battery jumper. They never released it. Next thing I know the same plastic casing was being used by no-name import for their battery jumper. I then though about waiting for the major battery tool names (DeWalt, Milwakee, etc) to come out with one. They came out with car tire compressors, but they have yet never came out with a portable car jumper. Kinda hints that perhaps they want to avoid getting sued since it may not be easy to realistically do.

If I were to buy or suggest then I would get something from Anker or Aukey. Both imports, but at least the quality of their other products is decent.
Dewalt and Milwaukee sell power tools, not car servicing parts. What makes their batteries "better" for their power tools is picking a better source like Samsung instead of "Chinese Company A" for the batteries in their tools, not some magic sauce. Anyway, mother Stanley does makes one, and Stanley owns Dewalt; they just don't see the need to make a Dewalt version of the same item.

Anyway, there are companies like NOCO and Duracell selling items under their brand name for safer jumper starters.

Jump 'n Carry lead acid battery packs give the most weight per dollar, which means a larger acid battery than any other manufacturer out there. The rest are all overpriced for the batteries that come with them. In fact, one might even consider just buying the SLA battery and skipping the "pack" altogether.

sontakke

Aug 8, 2001
I am thinking Costco has done at least some research on their supplier so I decided to take a chance on the model they are selling. It is on sale until this weekend.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Last year, when I called AAA about unable to start car due to dead battery, they showed up with a Li-Ion jump-starter pack.

At the time, I thought, "Hey, that's neat, got to get me one of those some day."

I didn't happen to catch the brand that he used.

That's my solution - AAA works for me!