Ori and the Will of the Wisps

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Game released today. Just played about 30 minutes (WFH has its advantages, thanks coronavirus :p ).

Beautiful as always. The platforming seems pretty much identical to the first. The combat is a bit different so far, more melee based, but there are 3 ability slots, so I suspect there will be a couple of options for this. I suck at these games, there is a mini boss battle at the beginning I had to repeat a few times. :)

The story is a bit more straight forward so far, though who knows where it is going to go.

I am eager to get back to it tonight. Check it out, Gamepass, Steam, Xbox, and Windows store.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCNewbie

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Finally finished it. Loved it, the combat is much better than the first one. There are multiple options, 4 or 5+ different attacks, definitely able to play with many different styles. The platforming is about on par with the first one. I didn't find it overly hard, generally any difficulty I had I thought was very fair, a bit of practice and I could get through it (I played on normal).

I liked the story a bit more than the first. Overall a very satisfying experience. Probably my favorite soundtrack of all time. I highly recommend for anyone looking for a metroidvania type game or fan of the first.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
I liked the first one, and the soundtrack was top notch. I will have to put this one on my wishlist.

NobleX13

Apr 7, 2020
I never actually got to sit down and play the first one. I'm pretty sure it is sitting here in my Steam backlog begging for some attention. I'll try to give it some attention before I pick up the new one. I'm glad you are enjoying it, OP.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Finally picked up the first game after it hit $5 in a recent sale. My understanding is that Ori is a much more accessible "metroidvania" than others of its ilk and isn't nearly as difficult or long, which are actually bonus points to me.

Will look forward to playing this in 10 years :)