Orange Coke

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
i welcome more zero sugar flavours though

We switched to the Coke zero sugar products a couple of years ago. Took a bit tomget used to the taste change, but they're all MUCH better than the diet products from Coke or Pepsi.
I'm not a fan of the "flavored" products though. Just gimme the regular Coke or Sprite flavor. No cherry, strawberry, peach, grape, ear wax, or vomit for me.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
We switched to the Coke zero sugar products a couple of years ago. Took a bit tomget used to the taste change, but they're all MUCH better than the diet products from Coke or Pepsi.
I'm not a fan of the "flavored" products though. Just gimme the regular Coke or Sprite flavor. No cherry, strawberry, peach, grape, ear wax, or vomit for me.

A little bit of real oj and rest cold water and then sodastream it is pretty refreshing as well

Reactions: feralkid

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

Yup, I can say I'm quite happy with Coke Zero. First time I've had a diet drink that I could say I actually liked, and not one that I drink just to avoid the sugar but don't necessarily enjoy. I'd rather drink water more often than not, but it's handy for a change of pace and also for cola mixed drinks.

But I always liked Cherry Coke and Vanilla Coke and would love the Zero Sugar + Caffeine Free treatment for those flavors specifically. Zero Sugar is a nice step in the right direction for new flavors though.

And I would still like to see an evolution of the Zero Sugar approach. There are alternative sweeteners out there that may be tricky to work with, like stevia, but there are also the sugar alcohols like xylitol and erythritol -- xylitol has the added benefit of helping prevent/fight cavities, though also the slight issue of being very toxic to dogs for sure, not sure about other pets). I know they work with stevia, at least with one or two of the sweet compounds in the plant, but the only one I can find locally is still something like half-sugar with stevia added. And speaking of the stevia compounds, there is one that isn't commercialized as much but doesn't have the negative aftertaste some complain about. Splenda actually has a sweetener with it, only one I've seen with that specific compound, Rebaudioside D (Reb D) in a blend with erythritol, and it actually works pretty well. Erythritol has an issue of having a "cooling" effect so it doesn't work in all sweetener scenarios.
But there are so many blends Coca Cola could use that aren't Aspartame and Ace-K, really wish they'd get something out there that does away with them and still has zero sugar. Perhaps tougher than I imagine, there are certainly interesting sciencey, chemistry and flavor lab work considerations that they've spent millions of dollars incubating to get such a blend that also doesn't cost an insane amount. So many variables. But dammit, I want!

mpo

Jan 8, 2010
My son has been making this flavor at Coke's make-your-own flavor fountains forever. (Mix 2/3 vanilla Coke to 1/3 orange Coke). He's always called it creamsicle Coke. Actually tastes pretty good.

Looks like he's not the only one.

Last edited:

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Hmm... this one doesn't sound all that good to me. I try to avoid both the Orange and Vanilla flavors when I hit the Coke Freestyle machine, and this drink has both of them.

That said, the new Coke Georgia Peach and Coke Raspberry flavors are awesome.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Orange and vanilla can go really wrong and taste like aspirgum. Seems to happen more often than not. I'll pass

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Orange and vanilla can go really wrong and taste like aspirgum. Seems to happen more often than not. I'll pass

its probably artificial and very inaccurate, just like all of cokes flavors.

You ever been to a jukebox diner? They dribble in real vanilla extract. Its fuckin awesome.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
You ever been to a jukebox diner? They dribble in real vanilla extract. Its fuckin awesome.
No, I've never had real counter mixed soda. Probably won't either, cause if they do that, they almost certainly make malted milkshakes, and I'll get one of those every single time :^)

Reactions: destrekor

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
"First new flavor in more than a decade"?? Srsly? :frowning: I didn't discover Georgie Peach Coke until a couple years ago. I like it pretty good, but only ever drank a handful of bottles. Is it not a new flavor?

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Spezi is pretty good. I get it sometimes when we go out for german food.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
"First new flavor in more than a decade"?? Srsly? :frowning: I didn't discover Georgie Peach Coke until a couple years ago. I like it pretty good, but only ever drank a handful of bottles. Is it not a new flavor?

Yeah, and what about Diet Coke Twisted Mango, Diet Coke Zesty Blood Orange, Diet Coke Feisty Cherry, and Diet Coke Ginger Lime. They certainly haven't been around for 10 years.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Yeah, and what about Diet Coke Twisted Mango, Diet Coke Zesty Blood Orange, Diet Coke Feisty Cherry, and Diet Coke Ginger Lime. They certainly haven't been around for 10 years.
Perhaps they mean full time flavor, and the others were limited edition?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
orange vanilla coke zero not in my area. :(

also, no more 2 liter bottles of cherry coke zero in my area for the past few months. :eek:
how long will the 12pack cans of cherry coke zero will last, I wonder? :(

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
They have new Diet Coke Strawberry and Blueberry flavors that they are testing as well. The Strawberry one is actually pretty good.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Cherry Coke Zero is amazing, but I can't find it in any stores, just a few machines around town. Orange Coke Zero could be good, but I'm hesitant to try any of the Diet Coke flavors because Diet Coke is so bad inherently.