Orange Box has gone gold

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
Lol, I've been so busy with TF2, I kind of forgot that the package wasn't released yet. Can't wait to play Ep2.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: hdeck
404 file not found.

glad it won't be delayed, though.

Works for me (now). I'm still not sure if I want the orange pack or just get portals now, and TF2 if I want it down the road.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: SpunkyJones
Lol, I've been so busy with TF2, I kind of forgot that the package wasn't released yet. Can't wait to play Ep2.

Haha yep same here. I just hope Ep2 is longer than Ep1

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
So I have about two weeks to play Episode 1. I never had bought it but enjoy HL2 singleplayer so I'm glad The Orange Box came with it. It's just I'm such a jones for TF2 that I haven't fired up Ep1 yet, and I'll want to have it finished but starting Ep2. Looking forward to the story out of both as well as the graphic enhancements with Ep2!

Bah, any mention of TF2 makes me jones to play it.. hahaha. I have various minor complaints about it, but for a beta it is kickass, and one of my complaints is I'd like more CTF maps and re-makes of classic ones which will probably be forthcoming after release.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: duragezic
So I have about two weeks to play Episode 1. I never had bought it but enjoy HL2 singleplayer so I'm glad The Orange Box came with it. It's just I'm such a jones for TF2 that I haven't fired up Ep1 yet, and I'll want to have it finished but starting Ep2. Looking forward to the story out of both as well as the graphic enhancements with Ep2!

Bah, any mention of TF2 makes me jones to play it.. hahaha. I have various minor complaints about it, but for a beta it is kickass, and one of my complaints is I'd like more CTF maps and re-makes of classic ones which will probably be forthcoming after release.

i lost my EP 1 along with my password to my old Steam account
... and never finished Ep1 [although to be fair, i was bored-to-tears with it] ... so getting the free Orange Box with my 2900xt is a bonus i guess

i AM finally looking forward to a working flashlight and some good shadows so missing in current Source games ... maybe the ssSource sssStutter will be completely gone too :p

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
So when will we be able to start pre-loading Ep.2 and Portals? I only have a 1mbps connection and the sooner I can start downloading these babies, the better.

I don't want to spend all the 10th D/L the games.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Noema
So when will we be able to start pre-loading Ep.2 and Portals? I only have a 1mbps connection and the sooner I can start downloading these babies, the better.

I don't want to spend all the 10th D/L the games.

now ...

Portal
must be really small ... it's like 70% done after only a few minutes ...
- this can't be the entire game they are pre-loading, can it?
:confused:

EDIT: nope ... i get it ... 72% or so is the HL2 engine ... the rest needs updating and d/l'ing for Portal ... Valve's servers must be getting hammered [i am getting only 50-125KB/s] ... Ep2 was too busy ... so i opted for Portal :p

Friday, October 5, 2007

We'll be unlocking The Orange Box products just after midnight Pacific time next week on the 10th of October. Lots of people have been having a lot of fun with the Team Fortress 2 beta, so we're looking forward to seeing what people think of Portal and Episode Two. The Orange Box will also be available at North American game retailers later on the 10th, for both PC and XBOX 360.

For people that have purchased The Orange Box over Steam, now is the time to decide who your real friends are, since you'll be able to give them the gift of Half-Life 2 or Episode One if you already own those games. We'll have that all ready to go at the start of next week.
. . . great i can finally finish Ep1
--IF i can stay awake ... i think i still remember those silly and repetitive 'puzzle' solutions. :p

gizbug

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001
Be nice if use STEAM users who preordered could get it before midnight on 10/9. Doubt it though

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: gizbug
Be nice if use STEAM users who preordered could get it before midnight on 10/9. Doubt it though

well, i have Portal 100% preloaded and 44% of Ep2 ... the Steam Servers are too busy to complete my request
:confused:
i don't expect to be playing at midnight anyway ... the weekend ;)

CloudMog

Feb 12, 2001
I pre-ordered this from Amazon since I had a $10 GC, so it might be a while before the box gets to me. Anybody playing the beta know if the beta will stop working on launch, or will the beta update itself via steam and you can use that without having to wait and reinstall?

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
My local FS and BB hasn't even listed it yet for release. Guess I'll have to pillage EB sometime this week.

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
Well, both games are preloaded now, but if history is to be an indicator of anything, I fully expect they'll dump another GB of data or so on us on Oct. 10th 00:01AM.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Well, both games are preloaded now, but if history is to be an indicator of anything, I fully expect they'll dump another GB of data or so on us on Oct. 10th 00:01AM.

LOL ahaha I remember I stayed up to play HL2 right when it came out and I was so pissed cus the steam servers were hammered and I couldn't even play for like 1 hour.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Originally posted by: zerocool84

LOL ahaha I remember I stayed up to play HL2 right when it came out and I was so pissed cus the steam servers were hammered and I couldn't even play for like 1 hour.

They'll eventually switch Steam over to some kind of bit torrent scheme, just like World of Warcraft. Bet ya $5 it will ;)

edit: oh yeah and I just bought The Orange Box after reading this thread. I'm so psyched :D

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
Just think of how many n00bs will flood the TF2 servers tomorrow! Shitloads!