opt out prescreen

Nithin

Dec 31, 2002
Is this a legit site? I want to make the offers stop, but they need the SSN etc. so want to confirm.

Thanks,
Nithin.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Yep...sure is. We did this many months ago. Our "pre-screened credit cards" and "Pre-approved mortgage offers" has dropped from 25+ per week to 2-3 per week...and those are almost always from Countrywide...who is our mortgage holder anyway...

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
i recycle by stuffing those envelopes with different offers and coupons... send it back.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
So I have filled out the form and printed it out.

Maybe I am just a little tired, but, where the heck is the snail-mail address to mail the form to?!?

MotionMan

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Now if I could only get off the dammed catalog mailing lists...my wife requested ONE catalog from a company a few years back, and now she receives dozens of catalogs every week...from companies we've never heard of, often selling crap we'd never buy. The fuckers keep selling their mailing lists and it snowballs out of control.

There is one website where you can go to get off the lists, but you have to enter your information for each and every individual catalog...There needs to be one universal catalog-removal site.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: MotionMan
So I have filled out the form and printed it out.

Maybe I am just a little tired, but, where the heck is the snail-mail address to mail the form to?!?

???

MotionMan

LS21

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
What offends me most about these credit card offers is that they are not from new banks, or with new cards, but I get spammed from my own banks!

WTF, I ALREADY have Amex so-and-so, and Citi so-and-so; i dont want another one!!! And stop sending "convenience" check 3 times a week. I am not going to use them and give you interest money.

I started using my credit card spam letters as starter in the amazing Weber Chimney Starters http://www.amazon.com/Weber-87...-Starter/dp/B00004U9VV
but ive fallen behind..

soydios

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2006
yep, I signed for it immediately after receiving my first (and only) CC. though as a college student, I'm not sure that I would be "preapproved" for too many unsolicited offers.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Anywhere that I can opt-out of Barack Obama calls? I get about three a week.