Oprah rigging votes against Zach?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Zach seems funny, with that said no way in hell I'd want to watch a whole show worth of him every day, or even once a week. Not that they're the same at all, but it makes me think about that weird acting Edward Sissorhands looking dude that people picked to be a VJay on MTV. Everyone voted for him, but after a month were like "wtf ugh"

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
LOL, it's some random black lady.
I wonder why they chose her to rig the election with?

They could have at least picked a black women who speaks well, like Oprah.

chocobaR

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2001
4chan is actually voting for Zach. We believe it's rigged because often Zach's votes go down. He often loses a few thousand.

1277310685886.jpg

EDIT: 4chan, Ebaumbsworld, Something Awful and Newgrounds are voting for Zach so something is rigged for sure.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Did anybody read the rules? The top 5 people that get votes are moved onto the finals. The top5 get interviews and get to do something to compete to win the show.

Getting the most votes will not win it. So Zach should easily be in the top 5 and make it to the interview stage.

chocobaR

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2001
Did anybody read the rules? The top 5 people that get votes are moved onto the finals. The top5 get interviews and get to do something to compete to win the show.

Getting the most votes will not win it. So Zach should easily be in the top 5 and make it to the interview stage.

We want him #1. It's rigged so Oprah will choose her clone to win. When was that rule added?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
ATOT Effect? This is what happens when someone on ATOT posts to ask for us to vote for whatever. you got everything going on a normal vote then in like 10 minutes 1 person has 10x more votes than everyone else...

chocobaR

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2001
ATOT Effect? This is what happens when someone on ATOT posts to ask for us to vote for whatever. you got everything going on a normal vote then in like 10 minutes 1 person has 10x more votes than everyone else...

ATOT Effect is no match for 4chan :p

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
We want him #1. It's rigged so Oprah will choose her clone to win. When was that rule added?

I understand wanting him to be #1, but that is not how you win. Per the FAQ...

How does the Your OWN Show competition work?
The top five (5) online submissions as voted on by the general public pursuant to the Participation Terms and Online Voting Rules will be flown to Los Angeles to meet the producers of the competition series. They will join a pool of talent selected by producers from the in-person casting calls and online submissions. From this group of finalists, a group of ten (10) cast members will be chosen to appear in the television competition series. At least one (1) online favorite from the top five (5) online submissions will be chosen for the television competition series.

I thought I'd win my OWN SHOW?
It is a two-step process. The first step is to find the best participants for the television competition. The television competition will feature participants taking part in challenges that will test whether they have what it takes to be the next big TV star. The winner of the television competition will win their own talk show to be produced for OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network.

So I was wrong. 5 online and 5 from the in person "interviews". And even then they only promise that 1 of the top 5 online will make it on the show. And that is not based on Votes, so Oprah can kick Zach off anytime and still fit the rules. So they are already admitting they are giving favor to the inperson interview, not the online voting.
So Vote Zach #1 as thats just about his only chance.​

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Don't know anything about this contest, but that dude is damn funny.

"No Antlantis is too underwater! Or fictional."

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
yeah Oprah has this rigged, forget the fact the top 5 have a chance and it looks like when all is said and done Oprah will be picking 1 of the 5. There's zero reason for Oprah to care, the one people are claiming is her favorite and the whole reason for rigging. Would have been in the top 5 regardless of what happened.

You guys need to break out the tin foil hats, this Zach dude getting the most votes will do nothing to help him get a show. Oprah will interview and pick whome she wants.