opinions on this haircolor? *nm, its done but different*

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
2 ideas...

1. I love that color of red. I think it looks really good on you, but the streaks of blond don't look that great. You need to have many smaller streaks mixed in throughout the hair, some on the outside and some hiding underneath the top but just kinda peeking out.

2. Do exactly what I suggested in #1, except invert the colors. Dye it blonde and have a bunch of small red streaks.

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Stefan
2 ideas...

1. I love that color of red. I think it looks really good on you, but the streaks of blond don't look that great. You need to have many smaller streaks mixed in throughout the hair, some on the outside and some hiding underneath the top but just kinda peeking out.

2. Do exactly what I suggested in #1, except invert the colors. Dye it blonde and have a bunch of small red streaks.

strawberry streaks is so 1999.

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: SherEPunjab
Originally posted by: Stefan
2 ideas...

strawberry streaks is so 1999.

rolleye.gif
Great hair and hair colors never goes out of style :)

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: brigden
The red is too light for your complexion. I'd recommend a much darker shade; highlight that with a lighter red and a bit of blonde. You want layers of colour, not stripes.

Wow

weezergirl

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
I agree with the other people...no stripes and get a new hairstyle! You're very pretty but that hairstyle has got to go. Spend the money you would have spent on streaking and get a new cut at a salon.

cucumber

Sep 12, 2000
I think if the streaks were thin and subtle it could look pretty good. As far as changing your hairstyle, I disagree. Maybe I'm
wierd, but I like simple long staight hair. At the most maybe some slight wave but that's about it. One thing though, if you
ever change the style never NEVER get short bangs.

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
thank you to some people who actually had something helpful to say.

as for the other people: how am i supposed to show you a non-photoshoppped picture if i havent done it yet? also, caitlion.jpg is the same picture without the blonde. the red is still photoshopped in there. and to whoever said it looks cheap uhhh... i HAVENT DONE IT YET.

anyway, i think im gonna go for it anyway. if it looks bad it looks bad and i dye it again. im not looking for a different style, but if youre willing to show me your pictures feel free to make fun of mine.

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: brigden
The red is too light for your complexion. I'd recommend a much darker shade; highlight that with a lighter red and a bit of blonde. You want layers of colour, not stripes.

Wow

Something wrong, mate?

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: caitlion
please dont go calling me an attentionwhore because i am not trying to be one.. this is actually a pretty bad picture anyway.

im getting my hair done similar to this on thursday.. probably with smaller streaks of blonde though.

im really nervous about it and i just want to know everyones opinion on whether it looks good or not. thanks.

picture

I tried to go with blonde streaks on red hair.I ended up going orange,I had to pay to have color fill correction put in,my hair redyed to dark brown and then I got a full head foil.

I'm good and blonde now but it was one helluva process,don't try it at home to lift red to the correct blonde you need a 40% solution,let the pro's do it. My colorist made me swear an oath that I would avoid the hair coloring aisle at Walgreen's during that time of the month before she'd fix my hair:)

Btw,the work I had done would easily have cost $250 at a salon,I went to a beauty school,I got all of the above plus deep conditioning and a cute hair cut for $43,I threw around an additional few dollars in tips and they were falling overthemselves to be attentive to me.

May is graduation month for most beauty schools and instructors advise on difficult jobs so it's a great way to get expensive work with a small purse:)

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Originally posted by: caitlion
please dont go calling me an attentionwhore because i am not trying to be one.. this is actually a pretty bad picture anyway.

im getting my hair done similar to this on thursday.. probably with smaller streaks of blonde though.

im really nervous about it and i just want to know everyones opinion on whether it looks good or not. thanks.

picture

I tried to go with blonde streaks on red hair.I ended up going orange,I had to pay to have color fill correction put in,my hair redyed to dark brown and then I got a full head foil.

I'm good and blonde now but it was one helluva process,don't try it at home to lift red to the correct blonde you need a 40% solution,let the pro's do it. My colorist made me swear an oath that I would avoid the hair coloring aisle at Walgreen's during that time of the month before she'd fix my hair:)

Btw,the work I had done would easily have cost $250 at a salon,I went to a beauty school,I got all of the above plus deep conditioning and a cute hair cut for $43,I threw around an additional few dollars in tips and they were falling overthemselves to be attentive to me.

May is graduation month for most beauty schools and instructors advise on difficult jobs so it's a great way to get expensive work with a small purse:)

thanks for the advice :) i would definitely consider a beauty school, however im getting a pretty good deal. the owner of a salon is doing my hair himself at a big discount in exchange for a couple photoshoots (before and after) ... so.. i couldnt pass that up :p hopefully the blonde will be more of a strawberry blonde, but im sure it will still be difficult. do you have any pictures of your hair afterwards?

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
well i got it done black with red streaks. it looks alright i think. i still would rather have the red/blonde.