opinions on this haircolor? *nm, its done but different*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Xionide
Originally posted by: caitlion
please dont go calling me an attentionwhore because i am not trying to be one.. this is actually a pretty bad picture anyway.

im getting my hair done similar to this on thursday.. probably with smaller streaks of blonde though.

im really nervous about it and i just want to know everyones opinion on whether it looks good or not. thanks.

picture

Thats fuggin photochopped.

Um... "duh!"

She did that to get an idea of what she would look like before she actually has it done this coming Thursday..........

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
the streaks don't work with your pale complexion.

I'm done being meterosexual for the day now.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
I say streak it, but do lots of thin streaks and get them a white-blonde color.

Or, if you're fairly bold, do one thick white streak a la Bride of Frankenstein. That'd be awesome.

Edit: P.S.: Attention whore! ;)

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
This is just my opinion, but I don't like the "hard", "edgy" look you seem to be going for.

Get rid of the streaks, pull your hair back away from your face, and smile!

I think that you would go from being pretty to really pretty. ;)

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
I already left my opinion in your LJ but I still think just leave it a nice brown color.. The red makes you look washed out.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
I'd work on the hair styling before working on the hair coloring. You have a nice face and you're not framing it well with that parted down the middle hair style. You need to frame your face better to accent your beautiful features.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I don't like the hair color much, the red with blonde mix just doesn't seem right, but whoever is in that pic has gorgeous eyes. 'Regular' non-streaked brown hair would probably look good.......

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: eakers
don't listen to these guys, they know NOTHING.

are you getting it professionally done or doing it yourself?

professionally. in return for pictures, which makes it even scarier. pm me or im me on aim if you want to know the whole deal :p

the reason i asked here is because these are the kind of people im gonna see all the time. i know your appearance should be how YOU want it, but i also dont want everyone who sees me to think im ugly. im doing red no matter what though, and ive done it a million times before so i know itll look fine. its just the combination that im worried about. ive seen it on other girls but i dunno...

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: jjones
I'd work on the hair styling before working on the hair coloring. You have a nice face and you're not framing it well with that parted down the middle hair style. You need to frame your face better to accent your beautiful features.

i know. im not good with hair so ive had boring styles forever.

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
The red is too light for your complexion. I'd recommend a much darker shade; highlight that with a lighter red and a bit of blonde. You want layers of colour, not stripes.

LethalWolfe

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2001
Go for it. Worse happens you dye it again. Of course, this is coming from someone who's hair changes color every few weeks. ;)

Lethal

opticalmace

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2003
I'd recommend not getting streaks...
I think it would look better with just a single red.

Originally posted by: Ronstang
Are you going for that Bride of Frankenstein look? If so then I think you hit your mark......I'm talking about the hair and not insulting your beauty.

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
why not get Jennifer Anniston's style of color? hers looks good.

or consider going plain golden blonde.

whatever you do, go to a decent salon and get it done. in your picture it looks like you used that streaking kit they sell at Walgreens.