Operation Just Cause

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
That was a sexy invasion wasn't it? I love reading everything about it, wondering if anyone else wants to discuss it? Any books read recently? Another retired Delta member came out recently and gave more details about Kurt Muse.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: SVT Cobra
That was a sexy invasion wasn't it? I love reading everything about it, wondering if anyone else wants to discuss it? Any books read recently? Another retired Delta member came out recently and gave more details about Kurt Muse.

How was your meeting?

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Might want to clarify for those that don't remember, was Just Cause Kuwait or Iraq?

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: mobobuff

How was your meeting?

ill update when I can

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I knew a guy that was part of a navy security detail for a facility there when it happened. He knew something was happening when everyone got recalled, issued sidearms, and told to secure all the entrances and wait till it's over.

Feb 24, 2001
Seen several things on it and Combat Zone on the History Channel did a pretty cool episode on it. While probably not funny at the time, the fact that when they landed the helicopter on the roof and extricated that dude, they couldn't fly because they were too heavy, woops! And least they survived the subsequent crash.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Seen several things on it and Combat Zone on the History Channel did a pretty cool episode on it. While probably not funny at the time, the fact that when they landed the helicopter on the roof and extricated that dude, they couldn't fly because they were too heavy, woops! And least they survived the subsequent crash.

I love Combat Zone and Untold Stories...other shows are crap now trying to appeal to a new audience. BTW anyone have recordings my DVR is on the fritz??

Anyway that's BS that it was too heavy, they crashed because the pilot had to avoid power lines while avoiding small arms fire. He avoided the power lines and saved everyones life but over stressed the chopper.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Wasn't too fun for the SEALs that took a beating securing that airstrip.

Great debut of the F-117 though! (j/k) ;)

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by: AndrewR

But it was a great debut?

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

From what I remember, two aircraft dropped a pair of bombs each but failed to do anything more than put some holes in a field. It's been awhile, but that was my general impression which is why I was being sarcastic.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005

From what I remember, two aircraft dropped a pair of bombs each but failed to do anything more than put some holes in a field. It's been awhile, but that was my general impression which is why I was being sarcastic.

Lockheed Martin confirms there was at least 5 in the air that night including one flying ovals that was tasked to blow the bridge of Americas if necessary.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Lockheed Martin confirms there was at least 5 in the air that night including one flying ovals that was tasked to blow the bridge of Americas if necessary.

Ah, that's news. Perhaps my "two" was actually two flights of two. :)

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005

Ah, that's news. Perhaps my "two" was actually two flights of two. :)

That's it as they were in flights of two.