Opening a new pack of cigarettes.

S

SlitheryDee

First I take in the neatness of the entire package with its exact dimensions, familiar lettering, and unknown but inexplicably prestigious symbology.

The box is unremarkable, exactly like the several hundred I have retired before it. I thump it smartly into the palm of my right hand in a ritual that I don't entirely comprehend, but understand to be "packing" the tobacco.

I am about to break the seal that has, until this moment, protected the integrity of twenty "Class A Cigarettes".

The golden line inlaid in the cellophane wrapper strips away cleanly, encountering no snags and taking only nanometers of unnecessary wrapping with it. I am close now.

The metal coated paper that represents the final barrier is freed easily and tears exactly upon its perforations as it was designed to do.

I contemplate the exposed contents. No space is wasted. I wonder, as I have many times, at the skill required to fill such a container so completely with cylindrical objects, or at the skill required to design the machinery that does so. I have attempted to fill a pack of cigarettes by hand and, while occasionally successful, I don't think it would be efficient enough for the scale at which cigarettes must be produced.

Before I select the first burnt offering I consider the wondrous facts of its uniformity and constant availability. The manufacturer has made certain, through years of trial and error, that demand can never exceed supply.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Mmmm.... cigs. Good description, haha.

As far as packing them, I do it mainly to cut down on the amount of loose tobacco falling out of the cigs. Couple thumps on each side, open that fscker up, smoke one. Damnit, I just smoked two and now I want another. DAMN YOU SLITHERY.

audi111688

May 12, 2006
I've noticed with the new camel signature series cigarettes that if they arent packed VERY well, I can almost guarantee that you will flick off that cherry...every time. I do anyway. I dont know if anyone has tried them but they have a very peculiar taste. It's a taste that I love, though I grow tired of quickly. After about a month of smoking them, they start to give me headaches. I dont know how you did it, but I have never succeeded in refilling a pack of cigarettes.

PepePeru

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2005
i havent had a cigarette since july 5 2005 and now i sorta want one, youre a bastard.

Newfie

Jun 15, 2005
Originally posted by: G Wizard
i havent had a cigarette since july 5 2005 and now i sorta want one, youre a bastard.

Shall I proceed to post pictures of icky goo-lungs to quell your urge?

GRIFFIN1

Golden Member
Nov 10, 1999
I quit 3.5 months ago. I'm finally starting to feel like I'm getting used to not having nicotine in my system.

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
Heh, good description. I've never heard of "packing" the tobacco, can someone explain it in detail? I've never had problems with tobacco falling out of my smokes or with the cherry coming off.