OOTL - What happened to Cheez?

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Apologies upfront if this is not allowed...

What happened to Cheez? I haven't been on this forum in about 6 years or so but a topic on a website got me thinking about Cheez and his $10k audio cables and all those old discussions with audiotruth. I come back and he's living in a shed in the woods talking about the rapture (and possibly banned again?). Can someone point me in the right direction or give me an ELI5 as to what all the audio stuff was about and what the heck is going on now? Is this guy in heavy mental decline? Is this the longest troll game ever?

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
He supposedly had a business going selling those cables, he lost everything not being able to sell them all in the end. He cracked after that and started getting attacked by the demons. Pretty sure its real I'm not far from indy and have been tempted to drive up there and look for him to see for sure. For a little while he was asking for advice on CC debt and budgeting before he cracked and started the moving to the wildnerness thread.

Reactions: Captante

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
cheez

Golden Member
Joined.......................Nov 19, 2010
Last seen.................Mar 27, 2021

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Man going through that thread is a trip. I want to feel like he’s in for the long troll but the reality is that his story is more depressing than funny. At this point you can only hope that it’s a troll story because the alternative is that he really, really needs help.

Reactions: Captante

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Man going through that thread is a trip. I want to feel like he’s in for the long troll but the reality is that his story is more depressing than funny. At this point you can only hope that it’s a troll story because the alternative is that he really, really needs help.

i don't think it can be a troll, because i've never seen anyone put anywhere near that effort into it

except maybe howtobasic when he first started his videos

wait maybe it wasn't howtobasic - it was alantutorial

Last edited:

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I think that the mods gave Cheez a vacation for posting conspiracy theories, and he decided not to come back at that point. If you're seen some of his rants on YouTube, though, you know that might not be a bad thing.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I think that the mods gave Cheez a vacation for posting conspiracy theories, and he decided not to come back at that point. If you're seen some of his rants on YouTube, though, you know that might not be a bad thing.

Essentially correct .... he wouldn't stop talking tinfoil-hat politics in OT and after multiple warnings and vacations he was banned.

And entertaining as cheez was (like watching a house-fire lol) I agree we are better off without.