Ookla Speedtest.net supports HTML5 now! :)

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
That was the last thing I used regularly that required Adobe Flash Player -- so I can finally disable the plugin!

I was still seeing the Flash version in Chrome until I disabled the plugin.

Go to chrome://plugins if you use Chrome and disable it there (it's built-in with Chrome).

Should just uninstall Flash if you use Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, or any other browser.

I want web server statistics to see that I have disabled Flash in Chrome. Hopefully lots of people will do that and it will accelerate the demise of Flash as fewer and fewer sites use it.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
twitch.tv has switched to HTML5 too. The demise of Flash Player is imminent, for media-delivery purposes.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
with javascript disabled I got this message:

This version of Speedtest requires Adobe Flash. Fortunately, we're ready to share our new Flash-free beta site. Thanks in advance for your patience and feedback.

neat.

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
I've been using beta.speedtest.net for a long while :p Before that I was using speedof.me

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I run U-Block Origin on my chrome installs and at one point in December I received an error stating that Ad-blockers may adversely affect the performance of speedtests so the test is unavailable when running an ad-blocker. I dont see that error today however. Just gotta laugh at that one.

Reactions: PliotronX

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I run U-Block Origin on my chrome installs and at one point in December I received an error stating that Ad-blockers may adversely affect the performance of speedtests so the test is unavailable when running an ad-blocker. I dont see that error today however. Just gotta laugh at that one.
That's why I stopped using speedtest.net. I had forgotten about them until I saw this topic.