Question onn curved 27" QHD 165Hz DP/HDMI decent choice for $209?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001

I'm a little out of touch with the display market these days. Are these a decent deal? Seems like displays have been increasing in price the last few months, and it's hard enough to find a decent 27" 1440 / QHD monitor for around or under $200, but those are almost always 75Hz. though, those may have been IPS, and the above may be just TN.

It seemed like such a good deal, that I pulled the trigger on two of them. $209.00 ea., currently.

Last edited:

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
How do you like the monoprice monitor? I've been looking at them. Pricewise, pretty close to Dell or Samsung for similar builds.
materials are hot buttered garbage (housing flexs and edges are sharp) and the stand that comes with that one isn't height adjustable, unlike the very similar dark matter stand. from time to time the monitor doesn't find the connection and i have to yank the power and displayport (need to send it back to monoprice).

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
materials are hot buttered garbage (housing flexs and edges are sharp) and the stand that comes with that one isn't height adjustable, unlike the very similar dark matter stand. from time to time the monitor doesn't find the connection and i have to yank the power and displayport (need to send it back to monoprice).

That's too bad. I knew the stand wasn't adjustable, but am disappointed to hear they're junk.
I have to decide whether a Dell 27" or 32" (QHD probably) will fit my desk best as a replacement for my 12 year old Dell 24" TN monitor.