Only in Utah....(I think)

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Just got the following email at work...

Hi Everyone:
In an effort to have fun and an evening out, it has been proposed that the company sponsor space for a scrapbooking, sewing, painting, art, or general craft night. And, that's what we are going to do! The evening will work as follows:

- The event will be from 5:08 pm - 11:45 pm on Friday, August 9th. Additional time on Saturday is an option if there is enough interest -- you could leave your stuff overnight for the big scrapbookers!

- Space (long tables) provided by the company in the main conference room and lunch room areas.

- Dinner will be ordered and delivered for the participants -- each participant paying for their own meal.

- Snacks are potluck and to share with everyone.

- Participants must bring their own supplies -- but you can get lots of ideas from one another! If you have specialized tools of the trade, perhaps we could have a "sharing" table for those kinds of items (punches, straight edges, die cut machines, etc.).

- Talk about work is forbidden! No whining or gossiping about work will be allowed.

- If you are not interested, but your spouse, child or significant other is interested, they are welcome.

- RSVP your intent to participate (or someone you know) to me by Monday, August 5th (I want to ensure we have enough table space, etc. for you.)

rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

amish

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Heh, that is
rolleye.gif
to the extreme!

Are the majority of people in Utah really like that?

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
HELL NO!! I'm not going! I spend enough time with these wankers. I'm not spending my Friday night LAN Gaming time with them too.

I haven't met all the people in Utah, but of those I've met, no, that's not the majority....though it's probably a very large minority. :(

amish

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: pyonir
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Originally posted by: MacBaine
Hijack the party and make it a LAN :D

Hehe... the people would look at me and call me a freak!... hehe. ;)

amish

don't they do that anyway?

Well, not yet (at least not to my face). I don't speak with them enough for them to know what I do when I'm not at work.

amish

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Just got the following email at work...

Hi Everyone:
In an effort to have fun and an evening out, it has been proposed that the company sponsor space for a scrapbooking, sewing, painting, art, or general craft night. And, that's what we are going to do! The evening will work as follows:

- The event will be from 5:08 pm - 11:45 pm on Friday, August 9th. Additional time on Saturday is an option if there is enough interest -- you could leave your stuff overnight for the big scrapbookers!

- Space (long tables) provided by the company in the main conference room and lunch room areas.

- Dinner will be ordered and delivered for the participants -- each participant paying for their own meal.

- Snacks are potluck and to share with everyone.

- Participants must bring their own supplies -- but you can get lots of ideas from one another! If you have specialized tools of the trade, perhaps we could have a "sharing" table for those kinds of items (punches, straight edges, die cut machines, etc.).

- Talk about work is forbidden! No whining or gossiping about work will be allowed.

- If you are not interested, but your spouse, child or significant other is interested, they are welcome.

- RSVP your intent to participate (or someone you know) to me by Monday, August 5th (I want to ensure we have enough table space, etc. for you.)

rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

amish

lol, man that sucks soo bad, last week we had a beer bash here, we had 20 some kegs of sam adams and mack and jack, soo much food catered from local restaurants and pie eating and watergun fights. i heard our vp did a beer bong upside down.

ajskydiver

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2000
I just moved to Utah in March from Tampa Bay area...

Talk about culture shock...to sum up *some* of the people around here:

1. Repressed
2. State of Denial
3. Hypocritical
4. Boring
5. Fanatical
6. Superficial

and this is my short list.

I'm the first to admit that I'm FAR from perfect...but wow, "This is the place."

~AJ

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Geez.. talk about the company event from hell: "Hey everyone, I've got an idea! Let's do some scrapbooking... It'll be good for morale!"

ThunderGirl

Aug 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Aj_UF

1. Repressed
2. State of Denial
3. Hypocritical
4. Boring
5. Fanatical
6. Superficial

I'm the first to admit that I'm FAR from perfect...but wow, "This is the place."

~AJ

I am NOT! ;)

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I was driving through Utah a few months ago and I saw a sign on a video store - "Edited Videos: R movies cut to PG rating!"

Their parking lot was pretty full, too.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Xerox Man
I was driving through Utah a few months ago and I saw a sign on a video store - "Edited Videos: R movies cut to PG rating!"

they have one of those in Mesa, AZ too. "Clean Flicks" i think it what it is called.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Bring a box of dildos and KY jelly and set it in the middle of the room while no one is watching. Then leave and wait untill monday to hear about the ruckus :D

Chubs

Apr 4, 2001
Like LAN gaming is somehow so much more hip than craft night. :p

HELL NO!! I'm not going! I spend enough time with these wankers. I'm not spending my Friday night LAN Gaming time with them too.

I haven't met all the people in Utah, but of those I've met, no, that's not the majority....though it's probably a very large minority. :(

amish

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Aj_UF

1. Repressed
2. State of Denial
3. Hypocritical
4. Boring
5. Fanatical
6. Superficial

~AJ

That's all fine and true but you forgot some things.

Sheltered
Annoying
Fake, everybody's got a mask on. (i guess this fits in superficial)

Why the hell did you move here from the tampa bay area? are you insane?

MrCodeDude

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Xerox Man

That means nothing to me. I'm 14 (15 in a week) and I can rent R movies no problem from California Video.
-- mrcodedude

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: ScottyB
Bring a box of dildos and KY jelly and set it in the middle of the room while no one is watching. Then leave and wait untill monday to hear about the ruckus :D

...or I could bring some of my pr0n for scrapbooking!.. ;)

amish