Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
All the women on these sites are either:

1) FAKE
2) Ugly and/or Fat
3) Knocked up (usually 2 or more kids)
4) Redneck Hicks
5) Religious Wackos
6) A drunken idiot (ex. "I like drinking and partying all night long")
7) A complete idiot in general (ex. wRiTINg lIeK THiS)
8) Or want to get pregnant and start a family ASAP!

Or a combination of the above. I don't get how anyone can meet anyone on any of these sites. I've tried okcupid, plentyoffish, and match.com.

I've tried meeting people at school but anyone worth taking already has someone. The only girls who are left are the drunks who stay out all night, get fvcked up, fvck random guys, then wonder why their grades are suffering.

I don't know, maybe it's just the area. I can't wait to get out of Tallahassee.

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
I had to filter through a lot of women thru yahoo personals until I found my gf.
Had some scary experiences though. One girl had been knocked up and then abandoned by her husband who ran off with his gf. The other was a girl who had tried to commit suicide twice previously and kept on crying when I told her that it wouldnt work out. There was another girl who wasn't my type and looked like a skank in real life.

Though I feel like I am lucky to have found my gf. I wouldn't give her up for anything.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Shawn

1) FAKE
2) Ugly and/or Fat
4) Redneck Hicks
5) Religious Wackos

Or a combination of the above. I don't get how anyone can meet anyone on any of these sites. I've tried okcupid, plentyoffish, and match.com.

I've tried meeting people at school but anyone worth taking already has someone. The only girls who are left are the drunks who stay out all night, get fvcked up, fvck random guys, then wonder why their grades are suffering.

I dont have any experience with datng websites, but I'd assume that women can say similar things about the men on these sites.

The men are probably:
1)Desperate
2)Social hermit crab
3)Nerdy
4)Single father
5)Virgin
6)40 year old virgin
7)Never had a gf in their life

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
ya, if you're using an online dating website, it's a fair assumption you're no jewel yourself.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
figure out exactly what kind of girl you are looking for. FIgure out where these types of girls can be found. start frequenting those locations. its not reocket science. Im looking for a sugar momma so i goto upscale trendy restaurants and lounges. Last night I got the # of a credit union CEO at one of these places. holla back.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: moshquerade
the men and women who do it are usually desperate so what do you expect?

Ding ding ding.

All that garbage can apply to the guys, too, like krunchy said.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
It's Tallahassee, what do you expect? Plus you are in the heart of one of Florida's big colleges, FSU.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: krunchykrome

1) FAKE
2) Ugly and/or Fat
4) Redneck Hicks
5) Religious Wackos

I dont have any experience with datng websites, but I'd assume that women can say similar things about the men on these sites.

The men are probably:
1)Desperate
2)Socially hermit crab
3)Nerdy
4)Single father
5)Virgin
6)40 year old virgin

Hey! I am not a single father. :)

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: krunchykromeI dont have any experience with datng websites, but I'd assume that women can say similar things about the men on these sites.

The men are probably:
1)Desperate
2)Socially hermit crab
3)Nerdy
4)Single father
5)Virgin
6)40 year old virgin
Darn. There go my chances.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
What? You don't trust Craigslist? But I thought every girl was for real there...
;)

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Funny, I just watched the "2Shy" X-files episode where the bad guy sets up dates online then digests their skin :D

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
You have to be willing to sift through a lot (I mean a LOT) of people in the online dating game (often true IRL as well). I have seen all of the above and then some.

Eventually I found someone great so I'm glad I sifted through all the crap. :)

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: krunchykrome

1) FAKE
2) Ugly and/or Fat
4) Redneck Hicks
5) Religious Wackos

The men are probably:
1)Desperate
2)Socially hermit crab
3)Nerdy
4)Single father
5)Virgin
6)40 year old virgin

Seems like specifications for people here on OT that frequent generate YAGT:p

BobDaMenkey

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2005
Yep, you have to have major patience and sift through a lot of sh!t if you want to find someone half decent on a dating website. I'm not that desperate though, and haven't been for a long time. I'm enjoying my single freedom. 2 years and counting! (after almost getting married, my ex got married and knocked up, not a position I want to be in at 20)

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
For the most part.

I have noticed most people who do online dating are the ones who don't do well in real social environments. But taking the personality tests are fun every once in a while.

krotchy

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Does myspace/facebook count as online dating, because Ive hooked up/dated with quite a few girls I met on both.

DeadByDawn

Platinum Member
Dec 22, 2003
Originally posted by: K1052
You have to be willing to sift through a lot (I mean a LOT) of people in the online dating game (often true IRL as well). I have seen all of the above and then some.

Eventually I found someone great so I'm glad I sifted through all the crap. :)

How big is her gun collection :)

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Online dating is like any other form of it. Mostly it's good for those out of school and in the work force. While in college you should have easy access to 100's of potential dates, while in the workforce it's much harder as many just don't want to date within their company or simply have too small of a place to have a selection.

When I am dating I use both the club/bar scene and online, as well as just trying to meet people out and about...it's much harder to do this as even if you strike up a good conversation running into a truly single person is harder as you get older.

If you are a teenager or early 20's it's one thing, but after that if you think the people you meet haven't been married, living with someone, had a kid or more, etc....it's just unrealistic.

There are a lot of canned accounts now on the popular dating sites...I don't think they do the sites justice. I have met a lot of people online for dates and a few short to long term relationships, about the same as meeting someone offline.

A lot of people are wacko out there...I am sure those of us that date (read this as not going from one steady relationship to another), have met someone they thought was pretty normal only to find out some quirk they had later on.

Also unless you have a personality and something interesting in your own ad, don't expect to meet many people. So many think that not having their own ad and just replying to others will get them results...it doesn't except for the wack jobs.

I have also found there is a high percentage of those online just looking for a fun weekend and no-strings attached. Some are married, living with someone, or simply not looking to settle down with anyone and have no free time to get out to meet others. I have met a few chicks that were so involved with their jobs it was crazy, but we'd have dinner..hook up and they'd be out of my life for a couple weeks.

Online dating is also a great way to find out good places when you travel. You can simply strike up a conversation with someone and find out what's good in their area. If it works out you can meet up with them out there.

Like any date though, I only schedule it for drinks only...that way I can bail or continue it to dinner...likewise so can they.

Å

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: krotchy
Does myspace/facebook count as online dating, because Ive hooked up/dated with quite a few girls I met on both.

there is a reason for the expression 'from my space to my place' :)