Ongoing Prayers/Support Thread

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
I'm not sure if you guys will go for this idea or not, but it might be a good idea to have an ongoing thread for prayers/condolences/grieving here. No matter what your opinions/politics are, people are suffering and dying.

Goodness knows we will all be hearing more about soldiers and civilians being killed in the coming days. You all might want to have a place to quietly come to give or receive comfort. Obviously the rules of this forum apply doubly to this thread... this would be a thread for grieving and supplication, not debate. Everybody bleeds, everybody hurts, and I want to respect that here.

I'll start off with my ongoing prayer for this conflict.

May the suffering of each individual be mercifully short
May each soldier and each civilian lost know peace and joy on the other side
May the healing begin quickly, both individually and globally
May we all come to understand the truth of this path the world is on (whatever that is... I don't claim to know it!)

Anyway, I just keep hearing sad things on the news and wanted to express myself here.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
I hope that in 2004 americans elect someone who won't choose to kill 1000s of people in order to keep the US the world's dominant power.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak
I hope that in 2004 americans elect someone who won't choose to kill 1000s of people in order to keep the US the world's dominant power.

Well look at what the choices were for president? Bush or Gore...hmmmm...where's Ike when u need em?

Isla, I'm sure this thread would be most appreciated by the men and women fighting over in the ME, and for the loss of human life being suffered there.

bjc112

Lifer
Dec 23, 2000
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak

Oh please.

I suppose it would be better if we were attacked and 1000's of americans were killed...

rolleye.gif

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
May the suffering of each individual be mercifully short
May each soldier and each civilian lost know peace and joy on the other side
May the healing begin quickly, both individually and globally
May we all come to understand the truth of this path the world is on (whatever that is... I don't claim to know it!)

Beautiful prayer.

Amen.