OnePlus 10 dropped in water

sachin.melhotra

Jul 13, 2022
I bought a brand new OnePlus 10 Pro 5G two months ago. My kid accidentally dropped the phone into a bucket of water and now its not working. Though the phone came with a one year warranty, the company warranty policy says this will not be covered in that. What can I do about this? Is my phone beyond repair now? Any advise?

gadgetgeek2921

Jul 26, 2022
I bought a brand new OnePlus 10 Pro 5G two months ago. My kid accidentally dropped the phone into a bucket of water and now its not working. Though the phone came with a one year warranty, the company warranty policy says this will not be covered in that. What can I do about this? Is my phone beyond repair now? Any advise?
Hi, so sorry to hear that. These things are bound to happen with kids around. I have had a similar experience, but when I purchased my OnePlus 9T, I had also bought an add-on OnePlus Care which came with accidental damage protection plan. This turned out to be a saviour for me, else I would have had to buy a new phone and discard my OnePlus phone. For now, you can try taking it to a OnePlus repair centre and get it checked. But for future, please keep this in mind.