One of the Real Reasons We Went to War in Iraq

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
The Carlyle Group[/L]. The world's largest investment firm dealing in war and death. But you and I can't invest with them. This group is for invited guests only. And you better have plenty of money and the "right" connections.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
BOBDN,
as much as we appreciate your threads, I think its time to slow down a bit :p

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Czar
BOBDN,

Dude, I can't slow down. We're reaching critical mass with the Bush administration. If we don't act now another four more years may prove to be our undoing.

For those who question the post above chech out the Washington Post article,
Connections and Then Some.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
If we don't act now another four more years may prove to be our undoing.

The desperation in your posts is telling, and amusing. It will be your undoing come 2004. Watching the Bush haters self-destruct in a sea of conspiracy theories while the rest of America rolls their eyes--it's poetic. Besides the fact that I delight in the irony that its people like you who will help Bush get re-elected! You rock! :D

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Corn

The desperation in your posts is telling, and amusing. It will be your undoing come 2004. Watching the Bush haters self-destruct in a sea of conspiracy theories while the rest of America rolls their eyes--it's poetic. Besides the fact that I delight in the irony that its people like you who will help Bush get re-elected! You rock! :D

Your head is a rock. Are you blind? Do you have stock in the Carlyle Group? Is your last name Bush?

Read this from Fortune Magazine:

Five Degrees of Osama

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Or this from the Village Voice. Just before the Carlyle Group unloaded all their stock in United Defense a couple of days before Rumsfeld decided to scrap the program.

The Carlyle Connection

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
BOBDN - Please don't slow up in your postings. I need a good laugh everyday. I hope you don't think you'll have any real effect on anything by posting on Anandtech.

BTW - The Carlyle Group is a VC firm. VC firms are always somewhat secretive and all of them specialize in an area where the partners have experience. When you're in the business of investing in defense companies and companies that do business with the government, you tend to be even more secretive.

The Carlyle Group has expanded and is making other types of investments. Do a little reading up on them, they're recently changed top management and are operating much more like a mainstream investment firm.

Michael

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: BOBDN
BOBDN,

Dude, I can't slow down. We're reaching critical mass with the Bush administration. If we don't act now another four more years may prove to be our undoing.

BWAHAHAHAHA. "Our undoing." AHAHAHA. You're actually starting to sound like one of those characters from those cheesy B movies you get all your paranoid delusional ideas from.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Michael
BOBDN - Please don't slow up in your postings. I need a good laugh everyday. I hope you don't think you'll have any real effect on anything by posting on Anandtech.

BTW - The Carlyle Group is a VC firm. VC firms are always somewhat secretive and all of them specialize in an area where the partners have experience. When you're in the business of investing in defense companies and companies that do business with the government, you tend to be even more secretive.

The Carlyle Group has expanded and is making other types of investments. Do a little reading up on them, they're recently changed top management and are operating much more like a mainstream investment firm.

Michael

Michael - welcome back.

I'll keep posting you keep laughing. If my posts have no effect on anything posting them on Anandtech then I'll just keep posting to keep you laughing.

The Carlyle Group is a VC firm???????????

I knew it! The Carlyle Group are Viet Cong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they've recently changed top management and are making "other types of investments" does that mean to say they WERE making the investments I characterized as war profiteering (I know they were I just want to see if you know)?

And they've let go all the "connected" people who made them all they are today?

Or are they still a group of world leaders getting together for a bit of retirement club investing?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
BOBDN,

BWAHAHAHAHA. "Our undoing." AHAHAHA. You're actually starting to sound like one of those characters from those cheesy B movies you get all your paranoid delusional ideas from.

Oh, like Ronnie Reagan!

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
BOBDN,

Oh, like Ronnie Reagan!

LMAO :D

This administration will drown in it's own cesspool of corruption, it's already started happening when the lie about WMDs backfired. This is only the beginning.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
BOBDN,

Oh, like Ronnie Reagan!

LMAO :D

This administration will drown in it's own cesspool of corruption, it's already started happening when the lie about WMDs backfired. This is only the beginning.

Et tu Rummie?

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
BOBDN - They're either a Viet Cong firm or a Venture Capital firm. One or the other. There are strict laws on who can invest in Venture Stage and even IPO level investments because they are very risky and, honestly, are not something the average person should be investing in.

And, yes, they made money on defense firms they invested in. Defense firms tend to get a jump in business when there's a war. Lots and lots of people made money from the increase in value of defense firms from direct stock ownership or indirect ownership through mutual funds and pension funds. I guess they're all war profiteers as well, right?

If you really want to be effective with a message, you really need to stay on one topic and it has to be one that is profitable and will result in something happening.

For example, most Americans are happy that the USA kicked Iraq's butt and there has been tons of coverage on how bad it was in Iraq for their people under Hussein. You're not going to get much political traction attacking a popular war.

What can be attacked is the poor intelligence being provided by our intelligence agencies. We had no real warning of 9/11. We can't find Osama. We can't verify that Hussein died. There are tons of questions around the WMD that were supposed to be in Iraq (this is more than an American issue - the UN/Security Council also thought there were lots there). Once the pressure builds up on the CIA and NSA, any "shady" dealing will be forced to the surface. If there are no "shady" dealing with the current Administration, the worst case is an improvement in the services we pay for and depend on for National Security.

Michael

KAMAZON

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2001
www.alirazeghi.com

The BIGGEST conspiracy theory was that Iraq had WMD that posed a threat to us and our allies.

Vadatajs

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001

I love when you speak for the rest of america, you sound like bigdude.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Michael
BOBDN - They're either a Viet Cong firm or a Venture Capital firm. One or the other. There are strict laws on who can invest in Venture Stage and even IPO level investments because they are very risky and, honestly, are not something the average person should be investing in.

And, yes, they made money on defense firms they invested in. Defense firms tend to get a jump in business when there's a war. Lots and lots of people made money from the increase in value of defense firms from direct stock ownership or indirect ownership through mutual funds and pension funds. I guess they're all war profiteers as well, right?

If you really want to be effective with a message, you really need to stay on one topic and it has to be one that is profitable and will result in something happening.

For example, most Americans are happy that the USA kicked Iraq's butt and there has been tons of coverage on how bad it was in Iraq for their people under Hussein. You're not going to get much political traction attacking a popular war.

What can be attacked is the poor intelligence being provided by our intelligence agencies. We had no real warning of 9/11. We can't find Osama. We can't verify that Hussein died. There are tons of questions around the WMD that were supposed to be in Iraq (this is more than an American issue - the UN/Security Council also thought there were lots there). Once the pressure builds up on the CIA and NSA, any "shady" dealing will be forced to the surface. If there are no "shady" dealing with the current Administration, the worst case is an improvement in the services we pay for and depend on for National Security.

Michael

The Carlyle Group isn't your everyday VC firm. They aren't taking the risk associated with VC. They are connected. They know the lay of the land before they get into, or out of, any defense biz.

Witness their sale of their shares of United Defense just before Rumsfeld killed the government contract for the Crusader.

So although lots of people make money from war very few have the ability to determine where and when. Carlyle does.

Whether or not the American people realize what has happened in Iraq and how badly things are going is dependent on their access to information. If they depend on the nightly news they're going to think the war was a breeze.

Who in their right minds didn't know the USA would crush the third rate Iraqi military? But that isn't the end of the story. Now we have to fix what we destroyed. And our record of following through on nation building is terrible. Witness Afghanistan.

I'll paraphrase Kamazon, they can't fix New York or LA how are they going to fix Iraq?

There were and are shady dealings between this administration and a host of players. This invasion was conducted based on lies. There was no WMD. There still is no WMD. But the invasion is over. The rebuilding is not. We are going to be in a much worse state from the results of this invasion that we were before.

AmerDoux

Dec 4, 2001
BOBDN,

Keep 'em coming BOBDN
and before any of you "Bushites" say otherwise, you keep on posting too
nothing wrong with informative links and personal opinions

:)

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
BOBDN - The Caryle group makes missteps and loses money at times as well. You're buying into conspiracy theories. All the big VC firms are "connected" just like the big Wall Street firms and, the Big 4 accounting firms, the large law firms ....

That's how they make their money.

Michael

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I can say calmly and without any conspiracy theories whatsoever that Bush is a total disaster. Thank God we will escape the condemnation of history because we didn't elect him.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I can say calmly and without any conspiracy theories whatsoever that Bush is a total disaster. Thank God we will escape the condemnation of history because we didn't elect him.

You may not have voted for him but he was elected to the position that he holds. Either debate it out or stop spreading your little lie moonie.

KAMAZON

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2001
www.alirazeghi.com
We will NOT escape condemnation of History just because we didn't elect him. Hitler was NEVER elected, he was APPOINTED. The German people still did not escape condemnation since they didn't act to get rid of him. Bush isn't hitler, he's too stupid, Cheney on the other hand, well lets say you owe it to the future to help LaRouche (who is leading hte fight) impeach dick cheney.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: KAMAZON
We will NOT escape condemnation of History just because we didn't elect him. Hitler was NEVER elected, he was APPOINTED. The German people still did not escape condemnation since they didn't act to get rid of him. Bush isn't hitler, he's too stupid, Cheney on the other hand, well lets say you owe it to the future to help LaRouche (who is leading hte fight) impeach dick cheney.

LaRouche is out of jail for bilking all of those old people out of their money?

KAMAZON

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2001
www.alirazeghi.com
LaRouche is out of jail for bilking all of those old people out of their money?

LaRoche never did bilk anyone out of hteir money. If you read the charge, it was the "CONSPIRACY to commit tax and mail fraud". The charges were something that he was GOING TO DO in the future, based on teh fact that LaRouche went bankrupt. Well, he went bankrupt because the government put him through involuntary bankruptcy. Why would LaRouche associate, Mike Billington get a 77 year sentance for the conspiarcy to commit tax and mail fraud? It makes no sence. Regardless, LaRouche has been very active since he was released by Bill Clinton in 1995.