'One chop challenge' claims another victim

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Imagine if a friend wanted to play a trick and replaced your doritos with those spicy chips?

Seems kinda reckless and its marketing hype by the company.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Saw thread title and was expecting something like "Man karate chops down full-size tree in one chop only to have it fall on him and kill him."

I am disappont.
91ed82cc-298a-4021-a85c-e6a457bbdece_text.gif

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Thread title says the challenge "claims another victim", who was the first victim?

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Imagine if a friend wanted to play a trick and replaced your doritos with those spicy chips?

Seems kinda reckless and its marketing hype by the company.
Would be an expensive prank. Aren't those chips like 20 bucks each?

• Wow
Reactions: Pohemi

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Wow did not think that was even possible. I imagine he may have had some kind of underlying condition that contributed though.
You would think so. Then again, a 14-year old boy isn't nearly as physically-developed as a 21-year-old man, maybe the lack of body weight had something to do with it. (Kind of like drinking, I suspect.)

I know that I've read several cases of under-18-year-olds DYING from drinking energy drinks. (I drink a lot of them, but I'm a 500lb "monster" myself.)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
You would think so. Then again, a 14-year old boy isn't nearly as physically-developed as a 21-year-old man, maybe the lack of body weight had something to do with it. (Kind of like drinking, I suspect.)

I know that I've read several cases of under-18-year-olds DYING from drinking energy drinks. (I drink a lot of them, but I'm a 500lb "monster" myself.)
And they're not any better for your already-stressed heart than they are for those kids' hearts :confused_old:

Jul 27, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: GodisanAtheist

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Dunno. Maybe they are what's keeping him going.

I would also recommend Red Korean Ginseng.

@VirtualLarry 's heart: Ba-dum... That's it. That's my last beat. I can finally return to the eternal slumber...

*Massive dose of monster energy floods Larry's system*

Heart: God ba...dum damn ba..dum it Ba-dum Ba-dum Ba-dum...

VirtualLarry: Whoa, got a little light headed there, better crack open another monster...

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
@VirtualLarry 's heart: Ba-dum... That's it. That's my last beat. I can finally return to the eternal slumber...

*Massive dose of monster energy floods Larry's system*

Heart: God ba...dum damn ba..dum it Ba-dum Ba-dum Ba-dum...

VirtualLarry: Whoa, got a little light headed there, better crack open another monster...
That may be a lot more true than you first think! I do get light-headed and "re-boot" every few minutes sometimes. Like a fighter-jet, instant-on and ready once more!

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I want to try! Are they really that spicy?

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
I want to try! Are they really that spicy?
If you are a hardened pepper eater, probably not. It's not nearly as hot as people make it out to be. If you could eat a raw ghost pepper, it's more or less like that in a nasty tasting form.

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
If you are a hardened pepper eater, probably not. It's not nearly as hot as people make it out to be. If you could eat a raw ghost pepper, it's more or less like that in a nasty tasting form.
I've never had a raw ghost pepper before, at least I don't think so. I have had ghostpepper sauce and salsa though. One of our favorite brands of salsa is Mrs. Renfro's, and they have a ghost pepper flavor. We also have a local hot sauce here called Palo Alto Firefighter's pepper sauce, and they also have a ghost pepper flavor.

But my favorite kind of pepper might be the Chinese Chili pepper, the ones they put in the food at my favorite restaurant, Chili Garden. It is a Chinese place, but with more of a emphasis on spicy Szechaun food especially. Though they do have other types of Chinese food there as well.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Speaking of energy drinks I'm kinda curious to try Prime before it gets banned, just to say that I tried it. Maybe pick one up for night shift or something. The store near my house sells it. I'll be so wired I'll answer the phone before it even starts to ring. I joke, but there are times where I'm so much on the ball I pick up before the first ring is even done, it always throws off the person calling because they don't expect someone to answer that quick.

• Haha

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
What is Prime? I wonder if it is any good, like Bawls. As for phones, I don't answer my phone usually unless I know who is calling. Too many scammers and the sort out there. If they want to contact me, they can leave a message or text.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Basically a ridiculously powerful energy drink.

200mg of caffeine, and it looks like you need to be 18 to buy it lol. You know it's serious when they put an age limit. Probably not something you'd want to drink every day that's for sure.

• Wow