One Billion...

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Funny e-mail I received:

How much is a billion?

The next time you hear a politician use the words "billion" casually, think about whether you want that politician spending your tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into perspective in one of its releases:

A billion seconds ago, it was 1959.
A billion minutes ago, Jesus was alive.
A billion hours ago, our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate Washington spends it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Democrats are complaining on how long the war is taking but consider this:

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation. It took less time to find Saddam's sons in Iraq than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sunk at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!!!

Damn our military is GREAT!

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
Nice. I hear that "b" word bantied about in our capital like it's small. 2 billion dollar deficit. 2 billion dollar estimate, 2 billion in new taxes...blah, blah....like it's nothing to them.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Yes our military is great and they have a commander is chief who loves them.

Our soldiers are heros...they are working hard every day to keep up safe.

Never forget their sacrifice.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: GoPackGo
Yes our military is great and they have a commander is chief who loves them.

Our soldiers are heros...they are working hard every day to keep up safe.

Never forget their sacrifice.
And with Bush at the helm their sacrifices will continue to grow at an alarming rate.

Jan 12, 2003
It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound.
Nice :) I was at Fort Hood at the time...shamming out of PT (mandatory morning 'fun-and-run') and watching the live coverage when they rammed that tank into the wall (after 20+ days of Doors/Floyd tunes pumping on the loudspeakers)...Reno is my hero :)

Bitdog

Dec 3, 2003
Our national debt is growing at an alarming rate.
I hear the growth rate is a new record, or close?

Things that are bad on a small scale, don't become good on a large scale.

Picture two families. One lives within their means, & the other is a deficit spender like our government.
That family runs up a debt to the point that they can't run up any more debt and they stop spending there.
Then their monthly income, after expences, is spent paying interest.
This goes on for years & if they start to get ahead, they will spend themselves back into debt.
The result of this is basicly slavery. They don't profit from their daily work.
They exist from pay check to pay check is about all.
A radio report stated that most american families are 3 pay checks away from bankruptsy.
When they vote, they probably arn't interested in electing an official who knows how to handle money,
they look beyond all that kind of reality stuff, to emotional issues of priority.

The other family is financially secure & wondering how the government will ever learn to be financially responsible
& live within their means.

Both our democratic & republician partys do not live within their means.
I've seen some stats on which parties are the worst offenders in the last 20 years or so.
But one only need to look at how our deficit has increased in the last 3 years,
as apposed to the 8 years before that.
Then a review of the increase of the 8 years before that, kinda indicates that when
a president & their party gets political control,
their policys directly affect the national debt.

One can say that the necessary war, does increase debt, and therefor is acceptable.
UN didn't think the war was necessary.
WMD was the reason given for the war, & that reason turned out to be false.
Then excuses were made. Sadam was a bad person & the world is better off without him.
Yeah, him and the other dictators around the world that we support, leave alone, or don't do anything about.
I can't remember voting to become the worlds policeman.
Power corrupts & ultimate power untimately corrupts.
Our government appears to be involved in a major power grab, using cut throat politics. "You're with us or against us."

The further we go into debt, the less free we are.
Our children will inherit the debt we leave them,
and the problems that go with it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY