Once again Sessions is a loser

Feb 4, 2009
and once again he is a cuck. Lost his primary to the Tommy "I'm not Gay for the President" Tuberville.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
While my gut instinct says "fuck that guy" my brain says "he managed to show more integrity than the rest of the Republican party combined in the mere act of recusing himself".

The duality of man, I guess.

Reactions: dank69 and cytg111

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
In general the polls show him doing a little worse against Tuberville than Sessions, but he'd likely lose to either of them.

yeah, Jones only won (50% - 48%) because his Repub opponent in the special election was alleged to have sexually assaulted and otherwise acted inappropriately with several females, including some who were minors at the time.

Alabama is DEEEEEEEEEEEEP red.
Jones is currently the only statewide elected Democrat in Alabama

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
yeah, Jones only won (50% - 48%) because his Repub opponent in the special election was alleged to have sexually assaulted and otherwise acted inappropriately with several females, including some who were minors at the time.

Alabama is DEEEEEEEEEEEEP red.
Jones is currently the only statewide elected Democrat in Alabama
Alabama Democratic party coming out with both barrels firing...

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
There's supposedly been some internal polling that shows Jones and Tuberville within the margin of error, but the idea of Jones holding his seat kind of falls into the same category for me as Texas or Georgia going to Biden - as nice as it would be and as nice as it's been having someone in Congress who actually represents me, I'll believe it when I see it.

It doesn't help that our state party has been *trash* for ages (see the Reply All podcast series on the topic if you're curious), although Jones' team has been trying to do something about that.

I'm not going to lie though - I am enjoying some schadenfreude over Sessions' career being in absolute ruins despite being one of the first major politicians to come out for Trump, lending his campaign credibility when it needed it. Shelby's kind of a turd, but Sessions has always been *awful*.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
No one is more deserving of the humiliation that he is experiencing. Gone from suck up to fuck up. Plus being the author the the immigrant child separation policy, St. Peter will block the gate.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I was going to comment on the stupidity of Alabama voters, advancing a foosball coach with no qualifications over someone with experience in the Executive Branch and Congress. Then I began to analyze the situation and realized that Republicans chose a white man with experience in making millions off of exploiting primarily disadvantaged youth of color who have little individual leverage and then lying about anything and everything he can so, in other words, the consummate Republican.

Reactions: zinfamous
Feb 4, 2009
I was going to comment on the stupidity of Alabama voters, advancing a foosball coach with no qualifications over someone with experience in the Executive Branch and Congress. Then I began to analyze the situation and realized that Republicans chose a white man with experience in making millions off of exploiting primarily disadvantaged youth of color who have little individual leverage and then lying about anything and everything he can so, in other words, the consummate Republican.

Nah as I’ve said most R voters are “Might makes right” thinkers it’s like they never grew up from being little kids. Dad is right because he is big or my dad is smarter than your dad because he is bigger.
From what Ive heard, the chosen guy sounds exactly as you’d expect a football coach to sound and I believe he is a big guy.
Sessions is a tiny guy with an educated voice.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Is there any sizeable chunk of the Alabama electorate that would “rather vote for a Democrat than for an Auburn coach?”

Doug Jones went to ‘Bama, just sayin’...

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
There's supposedly been some internal polling that shows Jones and Tuberville within the margin of error, but the idea of Jones holding his seat kind of falls into the same category for me as Texas or Georgia going to Biden - as nice as it would be and as nice as it's been having someone in Congress who actually represents me, I'll believe it when I see it.

I think the idea is that because the numbers show that dems might win in certain places which are historically improbable, it shows how badly the GOP in general is doing in the polls right now, and makes them spend money in places they otherwise wouldn't bother to do so.

TheOnlySuperdog

Oct 20, 2006
I live in Alabama and have seen the ads. Doug Jones talks about how he is going to help and fight for us. Tuberville's ads are all about how he'll kiss Trump's ass; he has no plan and no experience. God I wish folks here would wake up and stop being so partisan and voting for the guy just because he's on the Republican ticket.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Sessions probably could have stayed in the Senate till he died. Instead he immolated his career on the altar of Trump.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I like how the thing that ruined Sessions’ career wasn’t his lifelong, virulent racism, it was him not participating in Trump’s corruption.

Yup, Sessions miscalculated. He actually thought that Trump was really about racism and white supremacy, not realizing that Trump has always been about himself. He's a narcissist who just happens to also be a bigot. Trump will always choose himself over "the cause." That's where Sessions screwed up.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I think Jones will beat Tuberville.
Tuberville is basically banking on the novelty factor and my gut tells me push comes to shove, this election people will stop taking a chance on flashy objects that have no substance.
When times are good, people take chances. When times are bad, people don't.