On average I get two fliers each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
But I live in Virginia and right now we are a swing state. It doesnt help that I cant even tell who they're pushing. All they do is bash the other guy. Thats fine for the presidential race cuz I know everyone thats running. But for other elections its pointless. If you dont have anything good to say about your guy, he's not really worth voting for either, is he?

How many fliers have you guys received?

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Most people will say none because their vote is wholly and utterly irrelevant (not a swing state!).

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
^^ I'm in Tennessee and there's not a snowball's chance in Hell this state will vote for a Democrat for President any time soon. So, zero flyers for President or Senate. I do occasionally get them for Representative and for state office, maybe four total this year. In my district, whomever wins the Republican nomination is virtually a shoe-in for the position. In years with an incumbent Democrat President, that means the Republican primary is THE election as Democrats cross party lines to cast a meaningful vote. So our election season is mostly over. LOL

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I live in a non-swing state (CT) but Linda McMahon (spouse of Vince McMahon, the wrestling tycoon but she claims to be CEO of the business) more than makes up for the slack by the national ticket. She's running a self funded race for Senate as a Republican. Even though I'm a registered Dem, I get at least one mailing a day from her since roughly mid-summer (earlier she was like once a week). To make it worse, absolutely none of the mailings are on ANY issues-the main squabble seems to be who of her or her opponent skipped paying more bills.

She also is constantly on the TV. It is not unusual at all to switch channels to get away from her ad, only to land on another one. With the wrong luck you can do this thre-four times.

And this is the kinder, gentler side of McMahon. In 2008 she easily had twice as many mailings.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
3UIfz.gif

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I live in FL - it's a struggle to get by without seeing Romney Cheerleaders on the side of the road or knocking on my door on a daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.