OMGWTFVIDEOCARD!

Horus

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2003
*sigh* So, I've been running a 9800Pro in my computer for about a year now. Yesterday, I FINALLY decide I want some computing equipment that's on the cutting edge, not 2nd gen stuff. So I drop 5 bills (canadian) and pick up an MSI 6800GT.

Now I read that nVidia is going to be launching their next-gen GPU at a san francisco LAN party in a few weeks? GODDAMNIT, I just got one of their best chips, and it's ALREADY 2nd GEN?????

saltedeggman

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Horus
*sigh* So, I've been running a 9800Pro in my computer for about a year now. Yesterday, I FINALLY decide I want some computing equipment that's on the cutting edge, not 2nd gen stuff. So I drop 5 bills (canadian) and pick up an MSI 6800GT.

Now I read that nVidia is going to be launching their next-gen GPU at a san francisco LAN party in a few weeks? GODDAMNIT, I just got one of their best chips, and it's ALREADY 2nd GEN?????

You will be in the same boat everytime you make a purchase, get used to it

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
Originally posted by: saltedeggman
Originally posted by: Horus

You will be in the same boat everytime you make a purchase, get used to it

What he said.

imported_Pressure

Jun 9, 2005
The waiting game is a never ending one in the hardware world. I would suggest just buying now unless something is like coming out in a week. In your case it was a week, oh well. Anyways it's always better to buy cheap, you don't need to be spending top dollar all the time.

theMan

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2005
it doesnt really matter anyway, a 6800gt can run current games for years. if you really want one of the new chips, just sell your 6800gt when they come out, for almost the price you paid for it, and get a new one.

knothead34

Apr 6, 2005
wait for the new card to come down. its suppose to be around 600.00 for the gtx model when it comes out.

ionoxx

Jan 18, 2005
he can't do that... its an AGP 6800GT, if he upgraded from a 9800Pro which is AGP.....