JinLien

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2005

649 jackpot in Canada is estimate at $39,000,000 CAD this saturday.

The jackpot isn't any where as high as American lotteries jackpots, but here in Canada you get to take the whole amount with out penalty or tax.

<-- gonna give my hard earn money to the lottery corp this week.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Send that money to me or burn it and post a video on here.

That's pretty much what you're doing now.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Dang, I may actually play for that much. My wife and I were just talking about buying a house in a few years, and I believe one of the options for financing was "Win the f-ing lottery", and it was pretty high up on the list.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Sphexi
Dang, I may actually play for that much. My wife and I were just talking about buying a house in a few years, and I believe one of the options for financing was "Win the f-ing lottery", and it was pretty high up on the list.
That's how you know you need to change something in your life.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Originally posted by: tweakmm

No, that's how we know that prices are out of control in the Vancouver area :p...hell, a tiny little 2bdrm house goes for like 400k or something ridiculous like that. Obviously we're going to save up for the next few years, and hopefully the market will level out a bit by then, but still, can't help thinking it'd be easier to buy a single ticket and winning what we need.

JinLien

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2005

No, that's how we know that prices are out of control in the Vancouver area :p...hell, a tiny little 2bdrm house goes for like 400k or something ridiculous like that. Obviously we're going to save up for the next few years, and hopefully the market will level out a bit by then, but still, can't help thinking it'd be easier to buy a single ticket and winning what we need.
The GF & I have been shoping around here in Victoria and we looked at several houses that cost $397,000~399,000 and they are fixer-upper or tear-down 2-3 bed room houses.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: JinLien
The GF & I have been shoping around here in Victoria and we looked at several houses that cost $397,000~399,000 and they are fixer-upper or tear-down 2-3 bed room houses.

Yeah, Victoria is mad expensive. Such a BEAUTIFUL city, though. You're talking upwards of $800,000 CAD for something ... decent.

AgentJean

Banned
Jun 7, 2006
You know there are better odds that the asteriod Apophis 99942 will crash into Eath then someone actually winning the lottery.

Think about that next time you buy a ticket

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001

HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA *cries*

600,000 american dollars gets you a small condo in my area. :(

but yeah... don't play the lottery.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: AgentJean
You know there are better odds that the asteriod Apophis 99942 will crash into Eath then someone actually winning the lottery.

Think about that next time you buy a ticket

Wow, usually frequent lottery players have no clue about statistics. AgentJean seems that he should be grouped right alongside these people. (edit: the odds of "someone" winning is exceptionally good. The odds of any particular person winning are exceptionally poor. The odds of Apophis 99942 hitting earth in 2036 are currently placed at roughly 1 in 40,000)

4,821,614.62 USD
Doesn't seem that high

That's what they get, after taxes, lump sum up front. It'd be similar to a $120 million in the US... Take the lump sum, and after taxes, it's a small fraction of the advertised "winnings".

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Canadians pay no taxes on lottery wins and it's an upfront lump sum payment :)

and by the way.... no one won that and it's up to 42 million :)

Cheers,
Aquaman

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Aquaman
Canadians pay no taxes on lottery wins and it's an upfront lump sum payment :)

and by the way.... no one won that and it's up to 42 million :)

Cheers,
Aquaman
show us your 649 happy dance!

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA *cries*

600,000 american dollars gets you a small condo in my area. :(

but yeah... don't play the lottery.
QFT. When you pay money for that crap, the lottery is playing you.