OMG!! W00T!! Happy Ending to Traffic Ticket...

PCMarine

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
In reference to This Thread.

Well today I had my pre-trial telephonic conference with the District Attorney to hopefully get the points off my record (My ticket was $163 and 3 points on my record). I called his office and the call took no more then a couple minutes. I told him that I had a restrictions violation, my first one, and that I was sorry and it was just a lapse of judgement. He then said, alright, I'll change the violation to driving without a license, which is $194 and NO POINTS!!!!. He then said, I'll send you a sheet of paper which you sign and enclose a check and you're all set...you don't even have to go to court. At this point I was so elated words can't describe it. I thanked the guy profusly and hung up...I'm so happy :D :D :D

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
How do you get "driving without a license" out of that? They're now charging you for something you didn't do..even if it's easier on the wallet. :p

Fiveohhh

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: CadetLee
How do you get "driving without a license" out of that? They're now charging you for something you didn't do..even if it's easier on the wallet. :p

it was more expensive than the original ticket:p

PCMarine

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Fiveohhh
Originally posted by: CadetLee

it was more expensive than the original ticket:p

Well you see with me, I have a new insurance policy, and if the insurance company found out that I had points on my record they would either 1) Drop me from their policy 2) my rates would skyrocket. I was thinking that I would be lucky if they doubled the fine and took the points off, so $194 is great and I have saved a ton with the insurance company.