OMG this new Seasonic X650 650w PSU looks fantastic!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

God Mode

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2005
As a computer enthusiast and hobby electronics tinkerer, after looking at the build quality and testing, no other psu brings as much excitement as this seasonic x. Other stuff looks like regurgitated pentium 2 psu's retrofitted with more efficient parts in comparison.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
I'm still running an S12 600 in my main PC, it has yet to fault at all. Fan is good, voltages are good, system is rock solid stable.. It's gotta be 2-3 years old anyway. The PC never shuts off.

Lucky you!

As per my above posts in this thread my S12 600 fan decided to pack in and the S12+ 650 i got as a replacement has just shipped off from the UK to Germany to fix it's dying fan.

I run my system near enough 24/7 and I am disappointed with the fan failures. Despite this failure I am extremely happy with Seasonicas their PSU's have provided me with rock solid voltages with cool, quiet and efficient operation. Fan failures are just a bitch!

Mar 10, 2005
just checking in to state the obvious: this is the best power supply available.

i replaced a silverstone st-60f v5.1 with the x-650. the st-60f had a terrible whine below 100 watts and a mildly annoying 130mm fan. the x-650 is totally quiet with no whine at all and a very mild fan. the fan doesn't even come on after 30 minutes of p95 x4 (200ish watts). the x-650 draws 20 to 25 watts less than the st60-f at idle, medium and full loads.

intel i5, gigabyte p55m-ud4, 4gb ram, gtx 275 oc
wd velociraptor, 1tb, samsung dvd, hauppage 2250,
silverstone gd-02

ExcaliburMM

Jan 24, 2009
www.Staredit.net
It's a Seasonic, so really, I'm not surprised. It wouldn't have their name on it if it didn't deserve it.

That being said, yes it looks nice, yes its modular, yes I want one, and no, I can't afford it. :p Hell, I'd be happy with a Corsair non-modular, but alas, my funds are dedicated to finding an X58.

My SeaSonic 550w will just have to do, which because its a SeaSonic, it will do whatever needs to be done. :) Then again, it isn't pretty, the cables aren't sleeved, it isn't modular, and aesthetically it isn't really pleasing being all gray and metal looking. Then again, I don't have a case window, so what am I complaining about?

Last edited:

Interitus

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2004
Im going to have a hard time parting with my M12-600 when my X58 build is finished. Really wish that the X series came in higher ratings, I would have bought one instead of the Enermax Revolution 950w I snagged for my build.

I've used Seasonic PSU's in my last 5 builds. Using the Enermax is going to be like divorcing a supermodel, lol.