OMG...Longhorn

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: amdfanboy
System Requirements

rolleye.gif
it's 2 years away from hitting the market and you're already worrying about what computer you'll need to run it?

BaboonGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002
lol this is complete bs. Probably some "analyst" (jackass who has a good paying job, but doesn't do his work) was asked what he thought would be required to run it and threw some BS numbers off the top of his head. I mean seriously, a Widescreen Display is required?

How is Microsoft testing it if they don't even have processors that go up that high? It seems a bit unreliable and will only invite bugs if they're testing Longhorn in server farms and/or multi-processor systems.

I consider it heresy until I hear it from Bill himself.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
yeah right.

why didn't they list the video card requirements? The new animated layers and animated gui will need a video card too.

such bastard liars. or not giving the entire story.

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002
Haha what a worthless story, It's not going to be mnuch but a supped up XP, take XP requirements times 2, and there ya go, they'd have a problem selling upgrade copies with those for requirments.

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Anyone who would allow an OPERATING SYSTEM with those requirements to ship deserves to be fired.

Out of a cannon.

Anyway, it's nonsense. Even Winbloat can't be THAT bad...

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
I already have a 5 GHZ processor and 3 GB of ram. I should be good.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Electrode
Anyone who would allow an OPERATING SYSTEM with those requirements to ship deserves to be fired.

Out of a cannon.

Anyway, it's nonsense. Even Winbloat can't be THAT bad...

Ahhh, but Winbloat + Secure Computing (or whatever they are calling Palladium nowadays) could be.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: aircooled
By the time it's "really" released, a 5ghz processor will be a celeron.

...with no L2 cache, and will still perform about as well as a pile of dog poop.