OMG! I just got mugged!

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
Came home at 1:30am, parked outside my garage, grabbed a bunch of dvd's that were in the passenger seat and turn left and saw him at the left of the garage.

demanded me to go to him, i said no, he demanded money, i said no, he showed me gun, i said ok i give you money, then he demanded wallet, i gave, and he left. i then ran up the driveway and saw an old car (couldn't make out what make it was) drive south from the street... tha'ts it. afterwards i reported it to the police and proceeded to cancel all credit cards and my atm card. there's currently a charge for gas on one of my credit cards. ( i haven't used my credit cards in days)

... gradual changes in response are confusion, disbelief, anger

ok people, lesson learned, look around and make sure no one is following you or near you.
This guy wasn't even following me. i think he was parked out on the street and just prowling to see who would come home first, by themselves, so that he could rob them. another thing is that i live in an apartment. the carport (police guy used this term) was easy access for him to rob me considering i had no where to run and no one would see the crime committed. grrr, if i see him again, i'll beat him in two.

he was a hispanic ahole, about 5'10" 170-180 lbs, possible gangster, wore a hat and really loose clothing. also had a moustache, dark complexion...
that's all i remember..

damn such disbelief. be careful people. let's hope they find him (and his accomplice?)

ps: sorry bout the grammar and etc. ;p i'm too lazy to write properly.

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Damn that sucks! Hope they catch the guy, but im guessing chances are they wont with such a "regular" guy look he has......well i guess things like this are beyond our control, i just hope it never happens to me :-\...well in come the gun carrying zealots...

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
That sucks man. You did the right thing though. Give them what they want and let them go. Cancel everything as soon as you can. Might have the cops check out any possible security cams at the gas station they filled up at on your card. I can imagine how angry you must be right now. Criminals suck.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm sorry to hear that man.

I've never been mugged; I've always wondered if they would actualy shoot you. I mean, murder is life in prison or the death penalty . . . theft is a few years in jail.

Then again I'm 6-5 so most people don't even bother me.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
You far away was he? Hell, I'd a told him to fvck off and ran if he was as far away as what I have pictured in my head
<-- Not to concerned with his own longevity.

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
dude, i was prepared to beat him down (and do some sort of hold on him) but he then showed his gun so i decided to not take chances.

ya, hope this never happens to anyone else. i wish i could've gotten a drivers license... then that would be awesome. heh. ah well. more hassles for me -_-
isn't life grand?

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
well it's sad you couldn't beat the living sh|t outta him. :frown: but you did the right thing. your wallet is not worth more then your life. i tend to just carry no more then $20 and always use my credit cards for transactions.

Mrburns2007

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2001
A gun can do a lot damage not worth the risk of permanant damage or death for a few bucks.

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
ya, that sounds right. don't care too much money people, or else! wow, i just found out that my friend's sister got mugged several weeks ago too. what is this world coming to?

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Chrono
dude, i was prepared to beat him down (and do some sort of hold on him) but he then showed his gun so i decided to not take chances.
Yeah, save the heroics for the movies. You did the right thing, without a doubt.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Wingznut
Yeah, save the heroics for the movies. You did the right thing, without a doubt.

even if you did beat him, he'd probably sue you...

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Precisely why I want a concealed carry permit.

Glad to hear you're not hurt, but an even better ending would be you not hurt & the would be mugger dead.

:)

Viper GTS

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
yeah if you had your gun permit you could have pulled out your desert eagle .50 and showed him and his cap gun who was boss.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
This is exactly why I will be getting my CCP and a Glock .40 subcompact or compact in 5 months. I have been robbed before and it is a sickening feeling. I want that bastard to do it again. I will say yeah let me get my wallet and put a bullet in him.

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
do they offer the "conceal permit" to people in california? probably not, huh?

i'm thinking of getting a gun to put at home now for defensive purposes.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: gigapet
yeah if you had your gun permit you could have pulled out your desert eagle .50 and showed him and his cap gun who was boss.

lol

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
millenium, i know exactly how you feel. we're enraged and right now i constantly have images of giving him what he deserves. grrrrr
i wanna see him on the news dead or something. that as-hole

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000

Not a chance in Cali.

lsman

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2001
www.flickr.com
happened to me in LA years ago.... no lost of money, but got hit in nose..... (2 guys, i was sitting on a bus bench waiting for a bus to go to "Disneyland". Yeah, i was a tourist traveling single. Early morning like 6:00 with my backpack. One hold me up on the neck from back and the other come from front. When i try to loose the one locking up my neck, the one in front hit me and they both ran off. some bleeding on nose and the front teeth tips took some damage...

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002

Yes, but the conditions for getting one may be out of reach. You need a compelling reason for having one in CA. such as carrying lots of Cash/ jewels/ etc.
A gun in the house would not have helped you on the street.