Oct 15, 2001
very graphic, enter at your own risk

link

edit: pics hosted by me:

said kid was running from police, slammed into it at 100mph+

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
none of those pics work - looks like someone's cable connection (maybe he's rebooting?)

Hey he's from LI also... I wonder where/when this happened.. if they are his pics.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Spikesoldier
i had little red x's also, right click and click show picture, they seem to load now
nope, still no go - you prob have them cached.

Crucial

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
From the posts in that thread it sounds like a guardrail impalement through the firewall

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
through the firewall, through the steering column, through the cabin, through the trunk, through the whole engine compartment.

interesting. and hmmm

MIKE

Spikesoldier

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
well some people are squimish (sp?) and i think i disclaimer is in order before thread got locked or i got a vacation or something

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
from that thread:
The pictures don't show the ends of the guardrail, but obviously the car hit the end of a guardrail and became a death-tram. Someplaces have those water-filled barriers at the ends of guards rails to specifically prevent this from happening. I think this will be law-suit city.

Also:
This wreck happened here in Dallas about 1 month ago. I remember seeing it on the evening news. The driver took a helicopter ride to the hospital and was in critical condition...the passenger was ambulanced and was in serious condition. That was the last I ever heard of it. I was also stunned at the guardrail penetration because I thought those things were supposed to collapse.

Then another guy says he saw those pics 6 months before that... (WHO KNOWS).

gentobu

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71
from that thread:
The pictures don't show the ends of the guardrail, but obviously the car hit the end of a guardrail and became a death-tram. Someplaces have those water-filled barriers at the ends of guards rails to specifically prevent this from happening. I think this will be law-suit city.

Also:
This wreck happened here in Dallas about 1 month ago. I remember seeing it on the evening news. The driver took a helicopter ride to the hospital and was in critical condition...the passenger was ambulanced and was in serious condition. That was the last I ever heard of it. I was also stunned at the guardrail penetration because I thought those things were supposed to collapse.

HTF was the driver still in one piece?!:confused:

Originally posted by: gentobu
from that thread:

Also:

could have been leaning to one side, thus a glancing blow.

Nice pics...ive seen worse though. Not to try to put those down by any means...but believe me, it can be MUCH worse.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: gentobu
from that thread:

Also:

maybe he leaned out of the way so it only severed his arm? Theres blood on the rail so who knows

esun

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2001
Hmmmm, I watched a program on the History channel that showed the development of guardrails (among other things) and how the government specifically designed them to prevent this from happening (original designs did cause such impalement, but not modern ones). Maybe the speed was just so fast that it didn't matter...

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
That little car had to be flying to have that much penetration. Be intersting to see the report that determined what speed the car was going.

Edit: Reminds me of a wreck I worked when in Fire Dept when a big Plymouth Fury hit a Dairy Truck head on at over 100 mph. The body of the Car was crumpled up in the front while the chassis sailed on through out behind the truck.

The front passenger left his sneakers in the trunk with his feet still in them. :Q