Question Oldest monitor that you use daily?

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Asus mx279. I dunno how old it is but I still kinda like it. The color is great. The viewing angles are amazing. I am actually looking to upgrade to something bigger but after reading around for a month I am not so sure. There are so many trade offs between IPS and VA.

I was actually looking around for info on TVs when I saw this thread. I'm trying to upgrade from my old 50 inch 1080p plasma but the reviews of all the new televisions are messing me up.

Jul 27, 2020
I was actually looking around for info on TVs when I saw this thread. I'm trying to upgrade from my old 50 inch 1080p plasma but the reviews of all the new televisions are messing me up.
I know. The reviews make things so hard because manufacturers love to dupe consumers. They will give u one feature in one model and another feature in another model. Never everything you want in one affordable model. Drove me nuts. Went through an LG edge dimming model (horrible flashing in dark scenes) to Sony X900E's local dimming (much better but the CPU was really slow) till I finally settled on LG C8 OLED (the only OLED so far that does 1000 nits). Helped a friend recommending he get the Samsung Q80T recently because it was the most well rounded in terms of features. Also, good for bright room viewing and no danger of permanent burn-in. He went with Sony's X95H as it was on sale and cost him less than Q80T so he got lucky.

Jul 27, 2020
Asus mx279. I dunno how old it is but I still kinda like it. The color is great. The viewing angles are amazing. I am actually looking to upgrade to something bigger but after reading around for a month I am not so sure. There are so many trade offs between IPS and VA.

This the one you have? It's an IPS, hence why you like the colors and the viewing angles.

Maybe consider going with one of Samsung's 1000R curvature curved G-series monitors. Colors are supposed to be great plus the curvature helps to keep you immersed in the viewing experience.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Dell ST2412L. It's my only monitor...I'm looking hard at replacing it with a 1440 model...but haven't pulled the trigger yet.