Older Acer laptop popup to download latest Flash Player

zigzag03

Dec 14, 2001
I have an older i3 Acer Aspire, originally a 7 machine that has been brought up to 10. After catching up the 21/22 updates, it constantly pops up a window saying Please download latest version of Flash Player. I understand that Flash Player is no longer supported in windows, so I wonder if anyone knows what is doing this. I've deleted Acer Assistant and Acer Updater but it still continues. Anyone know how to kill this? Thanks zz03

Jimminy

May 19, 2020

I thought the later windows 10 updates automatically removed all that abandoned adobe flash rubbish?

Tcsenter, thanks; I looked at your link, but man, it sure seems complicated, just to clean up adobe's crap. They should offer a download to automate scrubbing up their mess. Still. I'm glad the malignant adobe flash is gone :)

zigzag03

Dec 14, 2001
I thought the same, but after running the little delete program the popup has disappeared. The popup was from Acer, and I figured this might not help because theoretically it had already been removed and something in the Acer software wanted it back. Can't explain it, glad it worked, thanks @tscenter