Old white man kills black teen suspected of robbery

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
I read you link. You keep saying the old man was racist but there isn't a damn thing in your link to prove it. I have seen this case reported before and nothing said he was racist, merely crazy etc.

Why are you throwing this term around so lightly?

Fern

Just a preponderance of evidence where most old white men shoot young black men for racist reasons, ie "I wanted to teach him a lesson," or "I assumed he was doing something criminal."

Maybe you have links to other stories where old white men shoot and kill young white men for "suspected crime?" I don't know, there's a reason why this narrative is enforced in the media. I don't just pull this stuff out of my ass.

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Just a preponderance of evidence where most old white men shoot young black men for racist reasons, ie "I wanted to teach him a lesson," or "I assumed he was doing something criminal."

Maybe you have links to other stories where old white men shoot and kill young white men for "suspected crime?" I don't know, there's a reason why this narrative is enforced in the media. I don't just pull this stuff out of my ass.

Happens all the time, just that nobody gives a damn.

White people shoot other white people all the time. Black people shoot other black people all the time. Nobody freakin cares.

When a person of one color shoots another of different color it's stupid to presume it's because of racism. If a black guy shoots a white during a robbery is it racism? No. This old man shot the kid because he thought he stole from him. It's actually that simple. If we later find out the old man is a white supremacist then I'll agree with you. But right now this claim of racism smacks of race baiting for no good purpose.

Fern

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
You made up the "fact" that the man is a racist.

Aha. I see.... White man thinks young black man commits a crime, shoots and kills him. Doesn't attempt to call the police or file a report, decides to attack him instead. Yet because he isn't a Klan member, he's not racist.

Lol. :awe:

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Shot in the chest, just like that? Fuck this old man. Stupid old fuck with nothing to live for or lose, jail is too good for him. I call, yet again, for the Judas Cradle. Shove it up his old ass 'till death by infection. Also, this isn't a troll thread. If you get trolled by this thread you are a douche.

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
Happens all the time, just that nobody gives a damn.

White people shoot other white people all the time. Black people shoot other black people all the time. Nobody freakin cares.

When a person of one color shoots another of different color it's stupid to presume it's because of racism. If a black guy shoots a white during a robbery is it racism? No. This old man shot the kid because he thought he stole from him. It's actually that simple. If we later find out the old man is a white supremacist then I'll agree with you. But right now this claim of racism smacks of race baiting for no good purpose.

Fern

I'm not sure it does, in fact.

Can you cite one or two cases where an older white man killed a younger white man for "suspecting he was committing a crime," when he wasn't? I might just live in an insular bubble, but I can't recall reading about any cases like that before.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Aha. I see.... White man thinks young black man commits a crime, shoots and kills him. Doesn't attempt to call the police or file a report, decides to attack him instead. Yet because he isn't a Klan member, he's not racist.

Lol. :awe:

Old man sees young man and shoots and kills him... -that's exactly what we know.

You inject your perspective totally unencumbered by any hint of anything other than color. Ok. Blacks kill whites. Blacks kill blacks. Blacks by proportion are more likely to commit violent crimes.

You are black. You are a killer. You are a killer BECAUSE you are black. Just look at the statistics.

Well thats BS conclusion. There are a lot of factors that need to be looked at. Blacks MIGHT kill a white person because they are white. A white person MIGHT kill a black person because they are black, but no that is not what you are saying. A white person who kills a black MUST be a racist. Why? Because you say so.

Thank heavens the bar is higher than you've set it.

Show in THIS case what THIS man killed the kid because he was black with facts and not allegations. Good luck based on what's been released so far.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I'm not sure it does, in fact.

You're not sure that we have lots of shootings in this country?

Can you cite one or two cases where an older white man killed a younger white man for "suspecting he was committing a crime," when he wasn't? I might just live in an insular bubble, but I can't recall reading about any cases like that before.

No, I'm not going to google for that. In fact I can't even recall a case where some 70+ year old guy shot and killed someone, unless it was them breaking into his house and that isn't what you're asking.

I.e., this case you link is quite exceptional and therefor of no use in illustrating anything other than crazy old people are crazy.

At this point I'd like to know why the old man suspected the kid was the thief.

Fern

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
How in the ever living name of fuck do they draw a parallel between this and the Zimmerman case???

In this case we have an old white guy that wanted to teach a "thuggish" black teen a lesson.

In the Zimmerman case we have a thuggish black teen that wanted to teach a "creepy" "white" guy a lesson.

They are basically the same except that in the Zimmerman case the victim was armed and so the lesson could not be taught.

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
You're not sure that we have lots of shootings in this country?

No, I'm not going to google for that. In fact I can't even recall a case where some 70+ year old guy shot and killed someone, unless it was them breaking into his house and that isn't what you're asking.

I.e., this case you link is quite exceptional and therefor of no use in illustrating anything other than crazy old people are crazy.

At this point I'd like to know why the old man suspected the kid was the thief.

Fern

In other words, you don't have a straight answer for my questions. No problem, I just wanted to make that point clear.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Shot in the chest, just like that? Fuck this old man. Stupid old fuck with nothing to live for or lose, jail is too good for him. I call, yet again, for the Judas Cradle. Shove it up his old ass 'till death by infection. Also, this isn't a troll thread. If you get trolled by this thread you are a douche.

hmm why have i not heard of this torture device before?!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_cradle

The victim would presumably be placed in the waist harness above the pyramid-shaped seat, with the point inserted into their anus or vagina, then very slowly lowered by ropes.

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
Old man sees young man and shoots and kills him... -that's exactly what we know.

You inject your perspective totally unencumbered by any hint of anything other than color. Ok. Blacks kill whites. Blacks kill blacks. Blacks by proportion are more likely to commit violent crimes.

You are black. You are a killer. You are a killer BECAUSE you are black. Just look at the statistics.

Well thats BS conclusion. There are a lot of factors that need to be looked at. Blacks MIGHT kill a white person because they are white. A white person MIGHT kill a black person because they are black, but no that is not what you are saying. A white person who kills a black MUST be a racist. Why? Because you say so.

Thank heavens the bar is higher than you've set it.

Show in THIS case what THIS man killed the kid because he was black with facts and not allegations. Good luck based on what's been released so far.

Mostly true, except you left one part out: we know this old man suspected, in fact concluded the young man committed a crime. Without any presumption of innocence, or any attempt to involve law enforcement. Can't really comment on what the facts were, but even IF he had a video tape showing him stealing $3,000 worth of stuff, he has NO RIGHT to shoot him.

Let me repeat that so it's clear: EVEN IF this old racist man had the young man on videotape SHOWING HIM STEALING, he HAS NO RIGHT to assault him with a weapon. Doesn't matter what else you say at this point, that much is already clear.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

You don't see the hypocrisy here, do you? You are stereotyping. Any time there is a crime between a white and a black, it is inherently racist? No matter what? Just because it seems (to you) to happen a lot? How is that not stereotyping white people? How is that not profiling white people?

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
In this case we have an old white guy that wanted to teach a "thuggish" black teen a lesson.

In the Zimmerman case we have a thuggish black teen that wanted to teach a "creepy" "white" guy a lesson.

They are basically the same except that in the Zimmerman case the victim was armed and so the lesson could not be taught.
Not a bad theory. I think some would like to draw a parallel in the opposite manner but if any can be drawn it is that one. Nonetheless in more ways than not these cases have absolutely nothing to do with each other. If I saw properly the old man even points his gun at somebody at the kid's house?

I would have to guess the guy is just old probably about to die of something inthe next few years and figured oh hell I am just gonna kill somebody. But who knows, maybe he really thought his stuff had been stolen. He is obviously mentally dim committing murder on his own security cams.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Hey scumbag are you really this stupid? It's nice to see you want to violate the US Constitution. People like you are just cowards who hide behind their computer.

If everything in the story is true then lock up the old man for life since this is clearly a case of murder. It's interesting how the media doesn't show these stories when the races are reversed.

The Constitution needs to be ammended. We are living in the technology age. There are no fucking muskets out there anymore. People are so freakin stupid these days.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Can't you people think outside of what the media feeds you? This doesn't happen on a whim. This old white POS probably was harboring feelings against blacks for a long time. He didn't just upp'ed and killed that kid. He killed him because what he saw in the media and what he was raised on.

He was brewing to kill a ******, and he got his wish, and this poor kid had to feel his life being sucked away from him because he got caught up in a situation where he could not escape from since it's been brewing from decades. RIP kid. :(

Apr 27, 2012
The Constitution needs to be ammended. We are living in the technology age. There are no fucking muskets out there anymore. People are so freakin stupid these days.

There is also no quill and parchment for speech anymore. Should we eliminate freedom of speech? The only stupid ones are people like you who attack the Constitution.

Nice to see you want Americans to suffer though.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
this old racist man

Found this on Wiki.

The fallacy of petitio principii, or "begging the question", is committed "when a proposition which requires proof is assumed without proof".

Now maybe I have my fallacies not quite right, but you claim he's a racist because he shot a black man. The proof? Well, there isn't any other than the guy was black. He's a racist because you say he is, not because of any objective evidence related to that claim specific claim.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

As is clearly evident from your posts.

Can't you people think outside of what the media feeds you? This doesn't happen on a whim. This old white POS probably was harboring feelings against blacks for a long time. He didn't just upp'ed and killed that kid. He killed him because what he saw in the media and what he was raised on.

He was brewing to kill a ******, and he got his wish, and this poor kid had to feel his life being sucked away from him because he got caught up in a situation where he could not escape from since it's been brewing from decades. RIP kid. :(

Surprising that you can read all of that into a few news articles with limited if any description of the man in question. What's that about stereotyping? Aren't we supposed to not judge people based on the color of their skin? If I said, "All black people are just itching to kill whitey, look how many o' dem colors be shootin' up dey own people in dey own streets!" I'd be labeled a bigot and a racist and most likely banned from this forum. You can't even see the hypocrisy in your own words.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
There is also no quill and parchment for speech anymore. Should we eliminate freedom of speech? The only stupid ones are people like you who attack the Constitution.

Nice to see you want Americans to suffer though.

This. This has got to be the dumbest thing i've ever read here.