Old Timers ROLL CALL!

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
Oh I know, I'm not saying I was an old timer, but I made a post that questioned the integrity of one and funny how it disappeared conveniently so that he didn't have to respond.

Don't get me wrong though, most of you guys kick ass. Much better than the neftastic asshats who join the forum now.

I was here from 1999 and had a previous account before the one I did now. A lot of things happened (trust me long story here involving two different countries and a bitch of an ex email account) and I never pursued the old account although I probably could now?

Anyway, I had to register again in 2005.

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I'm old, but not 99 old. Damn impressive to have been neffing on forums back in those days.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
How you doing Dave? :)

I super otay, Jean!

My quest to complete my "faster than the speed of light," "hamsters in series on meth" powered scooter has run into a couple of negligible technical snags, but my plans for world domination by 3pm, August 8th, 2017 was only pushed back by an hour or two, so . . . :awe:

vailr

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yay for the Abit BH6 board: easy 50% overclock of Celeron 300 MHz all the way -> 450 MHz.
Anand even made his first "how to" video, which took a while to download on a dialup internet connection.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
I was here back before the day, but then life happened for a couple years. I ended up with an ABit BP6 and a couple of Celery 300A's because of you all...

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I used to be a lurker before I finally signed up in 2001. I swear that I had a different user name like "Superbob" for awhile before I forgot my password and eventually switched to this user ID.

Oh, and I was rocking an epic 700MHz AMD Athlon Slot A processor with 256 MB of crappy Mushkin memory (Rated PC133, but would crash if took it above PC100), and an NVidia TNT2 Ultra card back then.

Before that, I had a Sony VAIO tower with an 300Mhz Pentium II, an ATI AllInWonder AGP card, and a Creative VooDoo 2 3D accelerator card.

Last edited:

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
LOL, stop giving juicy details to peeps who aren't subscribers ;)

How are you? :)

There's always a teaser to get more subscribers. Then you charge a fee to keep viewing the juiciness. :biggrin:

Hi Perky. Nice to see you. :) (And nakedfrog and vi edit and compuwiz 1 and I think I remember seeing ultimatebob around as well.)

We should have a bbq or something, dammit!

(BoberFett was intentionally left out. ...D'oh!:whiste:)

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I was here before 1999. I think it was 1997 or 8 when I joined. When the forum was rather primitive.

I was drawn here by the motherboard reviews at the time.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Another AGN orphan here. Don't post much here anymore. Too many good folks were run off or just left. Still, good to see some of the old gang are sill around.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
There's always a teaser to get more subscribers. Then you charge a fee to keep viewing the juiciness. :biggrin:

Hi Perky. Nice to see you. :) (And nakedfrog and vi edit and compuwiz 1 and I think I remember seeing ultimatebob around as well.)

We should have a bbq or something, dammit!

(BoberFett was intentionally left out. ...D'oh!:whiste:)

Hi Hazel! You and Jean (Geekbabe) and Isla and WombatWoman were all of a "generation" of wise and kind, non-troll but "proud to be a woman" type of female posters that were sorely needed at our ongoing sausage fest.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
h875761AA

Waves....