Old stuff do sell higher on ebay

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
Originally posted by: intogamer
Originally posted by: mribnik1
I just saw a brand new copy of Final Fantasy VII sell for over $270 on ebay. :confused:

MY GOD... used sells for $100+

I wanted to finish up my collection of playstation rpg's so I started looking for Valkyrie Profile and the Suikoden games. Yeah right, those are each about $100+ as well. Shux

intogamer

Lifer
Dec 5, 2004
I just saw a brand new copy of Final Fantasy VII sell for over $270 on ebay. :confused:

I wanted to finish up my collection of playstation rpg's so I started looking for Valkyrie Profile and the Suikoden games. Yeah right, those are each about $100+ as well. Shux

Sell your RPG collection

Time to hit up some Halo copies eh? :D

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004

Sell your RPG collection

Seriously, never sell any of your old popular games early. I remember trying to find Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (old old point and click adventure game) and those were selling for over $60 as well. I won't sell my rpg's because I still play them. :)

intogamer

Lifer
Dec 5, 2004

Sell your RPG collection

Seriously, never sell any of your old popular games early. I remember trying to find Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (old old point and click adventure game) and those were selling for over $60 as well. I won't sell my rpg's because I still play them. :)

I don't play RPG... which games should I invest in?

Jun 4, 2005
I've still got a copy of FFVII, but it's far from new.

I remember seeing copies of Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat selling high on eBay, as long as they were in their original wrapping. Why someone would want that CD, I'll never know.

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004

Sell your RPG collection

I don't play RPG... which games should I invest in?

I don't know. Just find games that you like to play and hold onto them for a while. I wouldn't really recommend doing it as a planned investment, because it takes a few years for them to become collector's items. Of course, since I enjoy the games so much I wouldn't sell them. Those collector's are fanatics though. They're willing to pay a whole lot extra so they can have an original version of the game over the greatest hits version, just because they don't like the green bar on the side.

Edit: However, if you're ever around a thrift shop check out what they have. I found a perfectly good copy of Loom (and old rare adventure game by lucasarts) for $1.50. I already had a copy at home, and I sold it on ebay for like $60.