Okay this seems to be an over reach

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Nope, this was a group of young people with a long criminal record. This was indeed, a GOOD SHOOT. Got these people off the street before they could get to their next victim. Don't want to get shot for breaking into someone's home? Quite easy, don't break into someone's home. Of course the stats will never be able to show how many potentially violent crimes in the future have just been stopped.

Your emphasis on GOOD SHOOT shows you have no life experience in such things. I've explained in some detailed when it is justified, perhaps necessary, but shooting is never "good", it's tragic. I'll bet you've never even seen someone die IRL by violence, eh?

Reactions: Vic

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
You live in the fantasy world that they've built for you.
Not hardly. You may as well be a russian because you are saying exactly what the influencers say.
You are putting party before country. You are a traitor, same as donny two scoops, Moscow Mitch and Leningrad Lindsay.
StPetersburgSlow - useful idiot.

The repub presidents, fuck everthing up and its always a Democrat that has to come and fix all the shit your party destroyed.
No different this time. Its you dumb asses, that never learn the lessons. This time it will take longer to fix.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
No matter how you look at it, a 14 year old boy is dead. Even if it had to be done, that's nothing to celebrate. Ever.

True, and I agree. And I'm not celebrating so much as saying this was a good and justified use of personal defense based on the details that I know of. It is highly likely that these individuals would be involved in further crimes, probably escalating down the road, now they are off the street. And for that, I am happy. But, it is really unfortunate that a young life was lost, a lesson learned too late. It is sad that society glorifies thuggish behavior and liberals sell to minorities that they are victims, the system is against them, they cannot achieve and that the police are the enemy. I wish stories like this didn't exist, but this is the world we've built, but you and I won't agree on which side of the fence shoulders more of the responsibility for making it like this.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I wasn't disparaging any race, these are very contrasting stories. But, to be honest, I don't know the race of these kids, they only had one picture and that kid was African American, I made an assumption based on that. That probably wasn't fair of me and I recognize that. But the point I'm making is that I think minorities are involved in crimes more often, and as long as liberals continue to offer minorities the path of least resistance with a removal of personal responsibility, things won't be getting better for those demographics. Liberals have done great harm to minorities.

No one mentioned race is this thread before you did. That means you injected race into this discussion.
And whatever supposed harm liberals may have done to minorities is nothing compared to what your white supremacist ilk has done to them in the past, and would do them again, given the opportunity.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
No one mentioned race is this thread before you did. That means you injected race into this discussion.
And whatever supposed harm liberals may have done to minorities is nothing compared to what your white supremacist ilk has done to them in the past, and would do them again, given the opportunity.

Yes, white supremacists and the treatment of minorities in the past was very, very poor. A big problem for their ability to achieve... in the past. Recent decades of decline, where we've arrived today, I think liberal policy is largely to blame.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
True, and I agree. And I'm not celebrating so much as saying this was a good and justified use of personal defense based on the details that I know of. It is highly likely that these individuals would be involved in further crimes, probably escalating down the road, now they are off the street. And for that, I am happy. But, it is really unfortunate that a young life was lost, a lesson learned too late. It is sad that society glorifies thuggish behavior and liberals sell to minorities that they are victims, the system is against them, they cannot achieve and that the police are the enemy. I wish stories like this didn't exist, but this is the world we've built, but you and I won't agree on which side of the fence shoulders more of the responsibility for making it like this.

The perpetual victim thinks it's a shame that the people he hates might consider themselves victims.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The perpetual victim thinks it's a shame that the people he hates might consider themselves victims.

I hate thugs that don't care about the rights of others in their community. I don't hate based on race in the least. If you are implying anything other than that, you are dead wrong.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Yes, white supremacists and the treatment of minorities in the past was very, very poor. A big problem for their ability to achieve... in the past. Recent decades of decline, where we've arrived today, I think liberal policy is largely to blame.

Which liberal policy? The one where 2 governments colluded to keep an elected representative of Congress from visiting her grandmother, because they're both brown Muslim women?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Which liberal policy? The one where 2 governments colluded to keep an elected representative of Congress from visiting her grandmother, because they're both brown Muslim women?

The bold part is your projection, you built that part. You're indoctrinated to only see it in such.

The rest of your reply... well, I can tell, you're not a lawyer.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I hate thugs that don't care about the rights of others in their community. I don't hate based on race in the least. If you are implying anything other than that, you are dead wrong.
Which is why you injected race into this discussion when it wasn't there before, right? And then went off celebrating the death of a 14 yo black kid, right? I'm not wrong that we've never seen you celebrate the death of 14 yo white kid.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Which is why you injected race into this discussion when it wasn't there before, right? And then went off celebrating the death of a 14 yo black kid, right? I'm not wrong that we've never seen you celebrate the death of 14 yo white kid.

You're trying really hard to make this into something it isn't.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The bold part is your projection, you built that part. You're indoctrinated to only see it in such.

The rest of your reply... well, I can tell, you're not a lawyer.

If there is another reason why she's not being allowed to travel to see her grandmother or, more importantly, why her grandmother is not allowed to travel to see her, please provide it now.

And you're not a lawyer either, or even remotely capable of logical thought and argument, as you make abundantly clear here every day.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Once again, you're the one who injected race into this discussion. Not one poster brought up race before you did.

Yes, because I saw a picture of one of the criminals, and he was African American. And I thought to myself about how P&N liberals will beat their chests in that thread about the fundraising kids, but they'll ignore that crimes like this probably happen far more often. And it has gotten this way because of liberal policies.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Yes, because I saw a picture of one of the criminals, and he was African American. And I thought to myself about how P&N liberals will beat their chests in that thread about the fundraising kids, but they'll ignore that crimes like this probably happen far more often. And it has gotten this way because of liberal policies.

Which liberal policies again? You have quite the talent for making broadbrushed unsupported accusations, and then refusing to support them when asked to do so.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

It must be disappointing that no one acted as you wanted and then invented with less credibility than Trump being a hater which you defend all beyond all sense. I haven't seen anyone saying that there should be no consequences. Perhaps the discussion about what the exact punishment should be is tantamount to beating chests and fundrasing kids in your mind. If a discussion about such things is a "liberal policy" then by all means count me in because ignorance displayed by people who haven't the grasp of and invertebrate isn't something I'll sign off on.

So pull out a quote that said she should have been attacked and these criminals go free. Should be dead simple and don't pull crap.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Which liberal policies again? You have quite the talent for making broadbrushed unsupported accusations, and then refusing to support them when asked to do so.

Indoctrinating minorities with the idea that they are victims, that they cannot achieve, that the system is against them, that they need to rely on the government, removing personal responsibility, etc. These are liberal trains and their influence on minorities.

This guy gets it.

Nov 25, 2013
Indoctrinating minorities with the idea that they are victims, that they cannot achieve, that the system is against them, that they need to rely on the government, removing personal responsibility, etc. These are liberal trains and their influence on minorities.

This guy gets it.

#fuckofftroll

Reactions: esquared

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

This guy gets it.

Why don't you show us how wildly popular Trump is with blacks again? Oh yeah that's a fiction.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

This guy gets it.
All of this is bullshit you use to justify your own victim complex, which you express here daily.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
All of this is bullshit you use to justify your own victim complex, which you express here daily.

If he was rational he could come up with what I would accept as legit criticisms but he embraces doing worse. Go figure.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
If he was rational he could come up with what I would accept as legit criticisms but he embraces doing worse. Go figure.
I was impressed by his ability to celebrate the death of one person, yaknow because they're a criminal, while providing us with a video from another criminal as support for his statements.
Also, to accuse others of being 'indoctrinated' and providing as proof an indoctrination video from a known propaganda extremist.

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I was impressed by his ability to celebrate the death of one person, yaknow because they're a criminal, while providing us with a video from another criminal as support for his statements.

Business as usual it seems. Oh well, there's nothing new to be seen here.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Not an overreach for felony murder, but I agree that the statute is not productive in at least many cases.